Just a bit of idle curiosity.

Vindekarr

Just something that occured to me while reading Rules N Strikes: When someone get's banned by a moderator for an offence. Does their account, and moreover, their username, get deleted? Even more relavent, what happens to their site content(eg mods) if they werent banned for content infractions?

It's just a bit of curiosity on my part. I'm wondering if for example, if a prolific modder got banned, would their mods go too, or if a banned members name stays "taken" forever.

Thanks.

Their username remains on the site.

As part of our attempts at reducing melodrama we tend to remove all the files the user has uploaded if we are sure we won't be letting them back on the site.

It's just a bit of curiosity on my part. I'm wondering if for example, if a prolific modder got banned, would their mods go too, or if a banned members name stays "taken" forever.

Just means that those higher profile persons should feel more inclined to try and follow the site rules. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to know what you should and should not do if you wish to continue using the site. Unfortunately some seem to forget that questioning moderators publicly, throwing a drama fit, or harassing other members is also part of those things that usually signal an end to their tenure.

It's not that you cannot bring real concerns to question, just that a public section, like the debates section, or chat are particularly poor venues. If you think a moderator is doing something wrong, you should simply contact Dark0ne about it directly (even if it is Dark0ne who is in the wrong). Just be aware that you will probably need to justify your reasoning to some degree... If you can make a solid argument, it will probably be dealt with.