i need a GAMING LAPTOP + other questions

first off, yes, i KNOW i could get a amzing desktop for the same price as a laptop

but i travel around the UK to my firends a lot so i HAS to be a laptop

now, onto the thread

i have £900 to spend to get a powerfull gaming laptop that can run all the games like oblivion/new vagas/bfbc2 etc

so far the laptops at that price range i found can be stuff like

intel i5/i7

4-6gb RAM

nvidia 1GB Graphics card

500gb HDD

and all the rest

second off, i need to know if those types of specs on a laptop can run those games listed above

(i don't care if it's not on ultra high settings - so long as it looks half desent and is playable i'm fine)((hell, i played oblivion on it's lowest settings for an FPS boost))

other things

i don't care about battery life because i play with it plugged in anyway

i don't care about weight

i don't care about looks (but if it looks nice, it's a plus)

i can maybe stretch my buget to £1000 but that is as far as it goes

here are some of the laptops i've been looking at to give you an idea

http://h40059.www4.hp.com/uk/homelaptops/product.php?id=XE009EA&experience=direct

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pavilion-dv6-2106ea-Notebook-15-6-inch-Processor/dp/B0033PRQHO/ref=sr_1_27?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1290259799&sr=1-27

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/237749

etc...

so can you help me out?

Your CPU, memory, HDD specs are fine.

Biggest weakness with laptops is the video solution. Focus on that, and compare.

and your posted video doesn't actually give any informatin

nvidia 1GB Graphics card

an nvidia 5200 with 1 gb of memory won't play oblivion.

(example)

and frankly when looking up the GPU of all three of your links made me cringe

not certain any of them will be able to play Oblivion.

Edited by Fonger

Try this on for size.

A bit expensive, but it works amazingly for me. I know you said 900 euros, but the closest would be the M11x. (cheaper, but I'm sure it works amazingly all the same).

And in between, we have the M15x. (Should be closer to what you want.

Hope I could help. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

IndorilTheGreat

Acer, Asus, and Alienware are your main options, but I caution you against gaming laptops in general at your budget range.

For a laptop that's capable of playing modern games at all, you'll need to spend perhaps twice that, the ones that can match a thousand pound desktop are all, and I mean ALL, above the four thousand pound mark.

Alienware has probably the best range, and their machines excell at power and reliability, but they produce a horrid amount of heat-so much that you cant actualy position them upon your lap.

I present to you another solution: the LAN LunchBox.

An unorthadox pc powerstack we Australians came up with in the late '90s.

Mini desktops are much cheaper than gaming laptops, come in lunchbox sized, lightweight microcases that would easily fit in a suitcase, and best of all, use desktop components. You'll want to shop around, but you can get one of these for about 300 pounds and above, and they have earthshaking power.

Lastly, they're every bit as portable as a laptop, being about the same proportions as a tissue box toolkit, just big enough for airflow and the GPU, but with no fluff or fat.

You'll just need to procure a similarly small monitor, but since cheap monitors ARE small, that shouldnt be a problem.

My Acer Aspire 8943G can certainly match a thousand pound desktop as it has an Intel Core i7, ATI Mobility 5850 with 1gb RAM, 8GB RAM, 2 x 640GB HDD, Blu-Ray, 1920 x 1080 screen resolution, eats up any game you throw at it. It certainly didn't cost four thousand pounds, but err....it was a LOT more than the thousand pounds the OP is looking at.

I have a best laptop for you. MSI GT660R .

1.73GHz Intel Core i7-740QM;

6GB RAM; Two 500GB hard drives;

BD-ROM/DVD±RW combo drive;

16-inch display (1,366x768 native resolution);

Nvidia GeForce GTX 285M graphics (1GB);

7.7 pounds; 1.8x15x10.2 inches (HWD);

Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)

This laptop will fulfill your requirement.And the price of laptop is very good.

When I think real gaming laptop, I think Sager or Falcon Northwest.

On a budget, I'd recommend not to go for Acer (as I'm stuck with one for the time being) and while the hardware was great for the price at the time, the engineering was lacking.

Asus had some decent machines relatively within that price range.