IE 9 Double Posting BUG!!

HellsMaster

Just noticed this, when i post on peoples wall it double post.

I posted on my mum laptop with FF not problem, but on my PC using IE 9, it somehow double post each time?

Cheers

EDIT: Seems to happen in forum post too.. are you guys aware?

EDIT 2: Happen when i updated my status too:

http://i52.tinypic.com/eai7b7.png

Edited by HellsMaster

It's a common error. It happens at times. You don't need to blame it on yourself, because we too have had these incidents. The moderators and admins here won't just go "OMG ban ban!", instead I find them quite reasonable people, and they understand. However if you double-posted on intent, they would outright ban you.

A useful tip of advice. When a moderator looks at your posts, edit one of them clarifying it was a double post on accident, and explain when necessary. The lag in general. It's no big deal.

As for the status bar you showed above, you can easily delete that. It is your Nexus profile after all.

Edited by Lord Slyther

I agree with Zaldiir. Firefox fixed all of my internet tesnexus problems. Also the main annoyance (in my opinion) which IE has is that when you click "back" it goes to a "cannot find" page, but Firefox lets you resend data, completely avoiding that problem.

A useful tip of advice. When a moderator looks at your posts, edit one of them clarifying it was a double post on accident, and explain when necessary. The lag in general. It's no big deal.

Why not go a step further and report the post? A simple message like "Double post, please delete" is all that's needed. Go ahead and do this for other user's double posts when you see them too, and the forums will be slightly less cluttered. Double-posts caused by technical problems are quite obvious (for one, the timestamps are usually identical) and no one is going to be banned over them.

HellsMaster double-banned for using a buggy version of Internet Explorer

Wait... does that mean you're using IE9 too?

Why not go a step further and report the post? A simple message like "Double post, please delete" is all that's needed. Go ahead and do this for other user's double posts when you see them too, and the forums will be slightly less cluttered. Double-posts caused by technical problems are quite obvious (for one, the timestamps are usually identical) and no one is going to be banned over them.

But this would be creating unnecessary work for the Moderators. A user can snip the double-posting easily, (and as has been pointed out, there are steps the user can take to prevent this occuring in the first place.)

While I'm all for keeping the forums as clutter-free as possible, I'm even more for minimizing the impact on other people's volunteer time. :thumbsup: