How To Sell Valuable Things

muratguler

Hi All

I have been playing the game for a while and lots of valuable things accumulated in my inventory. I want to sell them but richest merchant in the game has just 3300 gold (Rohssan in Imperial City). It means, for example, when i want to sell Noor's Ethernal Robe in my inventory, i can only get 3300 gold but it is worth 36600 gold !!! I am using Living Economy SI 3.62 and it doesn't normally let me use setbartergold cheat. Except for one merchant, fence Ongar in Bruma. With setbartergold cheat he gives around 22500 gold to Noor's Ethernal Robe but i hesitate to sell because i don't like to intervene to the rules and balance of the game. Probably this gold limit was put to prevent getting rich quick and early, which can make the game quite easy. However i don't want to sell my quality goods in exchange of almost nothing. I want to learn what do you do when you are selling your quality goods and what would you do if you were me.

Thanks

Edited by murat guler

I think the only solution for me is purchasing valuable-useful items at shops and taking the money that i spent back with selling the valuable items in my inventory right after purchasing when the merchant have lots of gold. I have just purchased Spectre Ring (from Hamlof in Imperial City) which gives %25 chameleon and some other speciallities for around 40500 gold. Right after that purchase, i sold some of the valuable things in my inventory which are not needed much and took all the golds back :)

Thanks for the answers....

Edited by murat guler

I'm pretty sure that there are some mods that increase the gold they can have, but it's been a while since I've played (just started up again) so I can't recall it off the top of my head. The old trick in Morrowind was to buy crap from vendors to increase the amount of gold they have but I don't think that works in Oblivion.

I'm pretty sure that there are some mods that increase the gold they can have, but it's been a while since I've played (just started up again) so I can't recall it off the top of my head. The old trick in Morrowind was to buy crap from vendors to increase the amount of gold they have but I don't think that works in Oblivion.

If that trick does work in Oblivion I've never seen it. Pretty sure you need to mod it.

Either way it never bothered me. By the time I had anything worth more than the limit (that I was willing to part with) I was well enough off anyhow. Went on a crazy spree closing any and all Oblivion gates I found, but not before farming every last bit of Daedric out of them. God only knows how many sets I grabbed, but for whatever reason there weren't many shields. Intriguing, but at any rate 2000 gold from most vendors sufficed. I ended up having money left over anyhow. Then again, I rarely buy anything from vendors except ammo since they don't carry the higher levelled equipment. You gotta find that all yourself, and at that point it's virtually free.