Is Skyrim the best choice for the next game?

XanAlderon

166 members have voted

1. 1. Preferred location for the next game

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it were up to me I'd set the story in Elsweyr or as a second choice Black Marsh. I've always felt that the "beast races" have never been developed to their full potential. Everybody's always so hot for stinkin' elves in a dozen different flavors...

Blackmarsh all the way baby. Argonians are so underplayed. Bethesda needs to make a game that truly brings them to their full potential. At least, though, with Skyrim, there is less potential for hundreds of different breeds of the same female elf with a "perfect body" or "angelic features". They make me kind of sick. :wallbash:

Blackmarsh all the way baby. Argonians are so underplayed. Bethesda needs to make a game that truly brings them to their full potential. At least, though, with Skyrim, there is less potential for hundreds of different breeds of the same female elf with a "perfect body" or "angelic features". They make me kind of sick. :wallbash:

so true argonians rule in everyway. also blackmash would have been way better imo since there is little known about blackmash. theres almost no lure (misspelled) about blackmash. would have been very cool. but TES 5 will still kick ass.

...hundreds of different breeds of the same female elf with a "perfect body" or "angelic features". They make me kind of sick. :wallbash:

Modders will make them anyway, appropriate or not. This community is driven by female obsession.

I was hoping for Summerset Isle, Elsweyr or Black Marsh myself. We had snowy nords in Morrowind's Bloodmoon expansion, and again in Bruma. I really hoped for something different this time.

I like snow and mountains... so I'm happy. Can't really say what the best choice is as it depends on what the developers make of it.

I am looking forward to seeing some stunning sights and nice cosy villages and towns. Cold environments make the settlements and things so much more homely. Now we might have a real reason why most NPCs stay well away from the wilderness.

Edited by Olurum

Skyrim doesn't have to be the land of Snow; the Jerall Mountains where covered in snow because they where supposed to be alpine Mountains. Even the Kilimandjaro has Snow and that's in the middle of Africa. Which is a Continent not exactly known for Snow.

I think Bethesda will have green Forests there. The Nords are basically Vikings and i think Bethesda will have them live in Environments that Resemble places like Denmark, Norway, Sweden or maybe Iceland and Greenland.

Those Countries have Places with green soft rolling Hills, breathtaking Landscapes, big Forests and large mountain ranges.

There are Places covered in Ice so thick that the older Layers came down when Humanity was playing around with mammoths, so we can be certain that Bethesda will have some arctic looking environments there.

But i'm fairly sure Bethesda wont make skyrim to be one big white land of boredom.

They "realistically" have all the Landscapes north of the Alps to draw from. If you go north in Italy, it gets colder the farther you go up north.

But Germany isn't all that frozen (well, right now it kinda is, i had to dig out my car this morning) and Girls in Denmark and southern skandinavia wear really short Skirts in Summertimes :D

Skyrim can have Forests thick as sibirian Tundra, Waterfalls where the Water comes crashing down from half a mile high like in Norway, a multitude of hundreds of thousands of Lakes like in Finland (which had a really hot summer last year, like over 35° C) and of course icesheets several miles thick like in central Greenland.

Snow and Ice are fairly common in Places the Nords would live, but that isn't the only thing you'd see there :D

...hundreds of different breeds of the same female elf with a "perfect body" or "angelic features". They make me kind of sick. :wallbash:

Modders will make them anyway, appropriate or not. This community is driven by female obsession.

I was hoping for Summerset Isle, Elsweyr or Black Marsh myself. We had snowy nords in Morrowind's Bloodmoon expansion, and again in Bruma. I really hoped for something different this time.

Agreed on all the above. The reason for the 'female obsession' is demographics. Gaming is still heavily dominated by the 14-34 male demographic, though obviously females have made huge incursions into this. It's to the point now where GIRL (Guy In Real Life) has nearly been declared a dead trope. Mind, I don't like it either. I wish more modders would produce strong female characters who actually look like they know which end of a sword to hold, and not a female body who has to push her boobs around in wheelbarrow!

Back on to the point, however, I am all for Summerset Isle. They opened up a fascinating can of worms with the rumor about Daedra worship becoming more prevalent there in Oblivion, then dropped the ball entirely. Elsweyr would have been great too. Khajiit are cool, and so are Argonians. It would have been an opportunity to explore barely-covered ground, but instead they go back to the same old familiar (and safe) ideas. Come on, Bethesda. Drop the cliches when you go to do TES VI.