Is Skyrim the best choice for the next game?

XanAlderon

166 members have voted

1. 1. Preferred location for the next game

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The entire TES World is really huge. First you have Nirn which has Tamriel which has 9 provinces and many islands, Nirn also has the Akavir which was never deeply explored if explored at all. And we aren't limited to Nirn there so many other planes. The familiar Oblivion and Shivering Isles are the limited part of them all.

I think Elsweyr, or Black Marsh would have been good choices. Fallout 3 received a lot of positive reviews due to the fact that it was an arid, unforgiving wasteland, which Elsweyr as it's a desert has the same potential. Black Marsh has a lot of potential as little is known about it. I hated traversing the Jerall Mountains and snowy areas around Bruma, etc. It was just the same boring thing, and there's a possibility the whole of Skyrim will be the same, but hopefully not.

Also Akavir is a great, great possibility. It has so much great lore behind it and not much is known about the landscape. (At least I don't know much about the landscape anyway.) So my preferred location would have to be Akavir.

Edited by Daledge

I think Elsweyr, or Black Marsh would have been good choices. Fallout 3 received a lot of positive reviews due to the fact that it was an arid, unforgiving wasteland, which Elsweyr as it's a desert has the same potential. Black Marsh has a lot of potential as little is known about it. I hated traversing the Jerall Mountains and snowy areas around Bruma, etc. It was just the same boring thing, and there's a possibility the whole of Skyrim will be the same, but hopefully not.

It's already been confirmed that it won't only be snow - it will be around 6 unique terrain types, ranging from snowy to green, lush landscape. :)

It's already been confirmed that it won't only be snow - it will be around 6 unique terrain types, ranging from snowy to green, lush landscape. :)

I know, I heard that aswell, but it's going to be a lot more snow than green. I'm guessing it's going to be the opposite of Cyrodil, which had one snowy area and the rest was green/forest.

I know, I heard that aswell, but it's going to be a lot more snow than green. I'm guessing it's going to be the opposite of Cyrodil, which had one snowy area and the rest was green/forest.

I think it's going to be the opposite of Cyrodiil as well - It will have unique landscapes! :D

If it were up to me I'd set the story in Elsweyr or as a second choice Black Marsh. I've always felt that the "beast races" have never been developed to their full potential. Everybody's always so hot for stinkin' elves in a dozen different flavors...

Not "everyone" is "always so hot for" elves. I prefer Bretons and Nords... Besides, Skyrim isn't about elves. It's taking place in a home turf of the Nords. What's the problem with elves? Seems to me like you don't like the vanilla beast races much anyway because your avatar and signature is that of a modded more human-like beast race. It's true that there are a good amount of various elf mods available but so what? If elves look "hot" as you say, then they're bound to attract attention. Personally, I believe that it's more difficult to try and find the vanilla humanoid beast races with beast features such as the facial features of a wild cat, as sexually attractive. How can anyone who is human find an argonian woman to be physically attractive or lustfully hot? Well, maybe if you have a fetish for scaly skin and reptilian facial features then maybe argonians will be attractive to you. However, from what I've seen on the Skyrim screenshots, I do love the "new" khajits look. Anyways, the way the lore is unfolding, Skyrim happens to be the next area of interest. Maybe the next TES after Skyrim will delve into the Argonians or the Khajits. For now, I'm choosing to wait for Skyrim and enjoy the next chapter to a long over-due sequel of TES.

Blackmarsh all the way baby. Argonians are so underplayed. Bethesda needs to make a game that truly brings them to their full potential. At least, though, with Skyrim, there is less potential for hundreds of different breeds of the same female elf with a "perfect body" or "angelic features". They make me kind of sick. :wallbash:

Because it's extremely difficult to just ignore the race mods you don't like right? It's already a blessing enough that talented modders decide to share their hard work with the TES community. There's really no need for mod bashing because of your personal taste. Besides, other people can play and mod their TES games the way they want to. You have this right and so does everyone else. Instead of whining about the excessive amount of beauty mods out there, why don't you learn how to mod and make your "perfect" beast race?

Okay, let me put it this way. If they don't have TES VI in Black Marsh, I will chew on a pair of socks. Why? Because I'm sick of them being completely shrouded in mystery like some African tribal society. They are hardly covered on. I want to see them in their full glory.

Okay, let me put it this way. If they don't have TES VI in Black Marsh, I will chew on a pair of socks. Why? Because I'm sick of them being completely shrouded in mystery like some African tribal society. They are hardly covered on. I want to see them in their full glory.

The problem I see with Black Marsh is that it is an extremely harsh environment for any race other than Argonians. There are flies there that feed on the soft flesh of the other races; this is just one of the problems. Let's not forget about the dreaded swamp rot issue in Black Marsh either. Because of this and many other hazards to the other races, I don't know how Bethesda will incorporate other races as playable into the Black Marsh part of the land without breaking lore. What I see is that players will probably have to play as an Argonian or they will suffer massive penalties for being in the Black Marsh... I don't know if many people will want to technically be forced to play as an Argonian because people want varieties and freedom in games such as TES.

Found this on google image search.

http://skyrimguild.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Skyrim-map.png

This seems to be kind of old, as I'm pretty sure the number of minor towns has been reduced from 16 to eight or nine.But I think the regions are pretty much still the same, and if the world design is faithful to this map then I'd say were looking forward to some really diverse environments.