Frostcrag Revisted

AlienSlof

I've been using Frostcrag Revisted for some time in my game, but the newer file which supposedly fixes the game-breaking bug (door to Camoran's Paradise doesn't open properly) doesn't. My boy's put a ton of his stuff in there, so it would be time consuming to remove all his gear so I can remove it. Does anyone else using this mod have the same problem, and if so, is there a fix for it?

I don't know if the mod's author is still around, hence why I'm asking here.

• 4 weeks later...
No idea how to do that myself either.

First download TES4Edit. Run the .exe from inside the .rar file. Back up your files you'll be changing! I might not have a clue what I'm doing and accidentally lead you to corrupting your files, and I'd feel really guilty if that happened.

When you have it open, disable all other .esps that aren't required by the mod. I'm not familiar with Frostcrag Revisited, but I assume you'll need to have oblivion.esm, DLCFrostcrag.esp, and the mod's .esp checked. When that's done, click OK and let it load.

When the loading has finished, you'll see one expansion button for each .esp/.esm. The one you want to clean is the mod's .esp. Go to the ones you know are broken. The Cameron's Paradise door is either an activator or a door, I think. So navigate through the tree of changes in the mod until you see something highlighted. This is a thing that the mod changed from the vanilla game or other loaded .esps. I'll assume you know what the mod changes more than I, so it should be obvious what changes to revert and what to leave. Remove the highlighted objects that you know the mod shouldn't be altering, such as that door and any interior cells that may be accidental edits. If you remove something the mod needed, that's what that backup was for.

When you've deleted the unwanted changes, just click the X button on TES4Edit. The program will bring up a box displaying the .esps you changed. Click OK and it'll save them.