FALLOUT 4 LOCATION POLL

olafreinhardweyer

100% California for two reasons. NCR & Brotherhood it all ends there. its the main base of both the strongest groups and as its mentioned in both fallout 3 and new vegas. and also its the biggest base to super mutants as the great mutant army started there.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

California, definitely.

With many of the original places from Fallout and Fallout 2.

It would be great to add some urban areas like the DC ruins. SF, LA...

Another great stuff would be many, many underground locations - from military bunkers and vaults to ordinary plants and stuff, full of and dangerous creatures, skeletons and their good-bye messages and last fight descriptions.

A complete underground labyrinth-like tunnel network of, say, a city metro would also be great.

And, just as usual, checking out the most popular mods and features of previous fallout games is highly recommendable.

As for the creatures, DON'T FORGET the RATS. Rats are a part of every abandoned underground everywhere in the world.

AND, for Heaven's sake, bring us back the Brotherhood and the Enclave. They should never remove them as main factors in the first place in FNV, let alone killing the Brotherhood as a part of the main storyline. No way I would ever play FNV until I see an alternative to killing the BoS. Killing them? Jesus...

Edited by Shidentora

Go back to the NCR, back to it's roots. It could be interesting to see what became of that area post Fallout 1 & 2. New York city has been suggested and that could be interesting as well. Seeing other parts of the world could work, but isn't really in keeping with spirit of the game - always been about post nuclear US - unless of course they want to start another chapter in the story or lead into online.....

Cali or China.

And they better have some damn vehicles! It would be the most civilized place in the waste afterall...

New York would be great and I would all, too, like to see vehicles. I'd love New York with the Subways and Skyscrapers, would be cool if people lived higher up in the skyscrapers and used bridges to move around and never venture to the ground level as it was too dangerous.

New York would be a nice idea, though it would probably be like the Capital Wasteland, as I cannot see NY not being Target #2 on the East Coast when the bombs fell.

The Commonwealth would be very nice, since we have the Institute to explore as well as more Synth Moralising.

Fallout London would (as a Native Londonite) be pure sex in game form, especially since the Underground system here is bigger than most cities in the US. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Quote the fallout wiki page:

"A pre-Fallout "Resource Wars" game set in collapsing Europe (during the U.K.'s invasions of the Middle East) is one of the games that J.E. Sawyer would like to make if he could do any game, regardless of money and developing time[1]."

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Resource_Wars

Awesome. But I would rather a game set around the same time as F3 and FNV. Would love to explore the ruined Underground of London, and traverse through the English countryside.

(reposted from another forum)

Main Area - Commonwealth. Centered at MIT, very high tech for those in power. Androids are used as labor, but are gaining sentience. The humans of the area are split in how they see the droids, at once happy they are doing the menial tasks and upset that they are taking their possible jobs. The Powers That Be are worried that the rising sentience of the droids presents a disaster that is quickly comming.

Chicago as a DLC - The Brotherhood chapter in Chicago has bigger fish to fry than just uppity droids. The Enclave remnants are attempting to reform and take over the area. Still with higher technology than the local Brotherhood forces, the Enclave has taken some new plan of attack. This time, instead of poisoning those who do not fit their "style", they are taking a more "cooperative" role: Enforced Slavery and Psychological manipulation.

Toronto as a DLC - The devs have pretty much free reign here, but it gives a window into what happened with the US Annexation of Canada. The citizens of Ronto wish to be free of American influence, since there has been a resurgence in some of the American areas reaching out for control, such as The Commonwealth and Chicago. The Commonwealth has something else to say about that, however.

New York as a DLC - I'm not sure what would happen here, but the location is choice. Without a doubt this would be the most heavilly hit area in all of the Americas, being the home of Wall Street, Globalized Capitolism, and a huge block of Americans pre-war. This area was everything that the enemies of America hated, more so than DC. You can expect at least 3 craters-per-mile in the Manhattan area, and a vast and hoary underground complex of tunnels. Some of those living underground have never even been above-ground, living their whole lives in Manhattan's vast underdark.

The other 2 DLCs could extend some of the stories of the other areas, possibly bringing them all together under one banner. The New England Commonwealth of Semi-Autonomous States.(NECSAS)

I personally think Orlando would be an excellent place for Fallout 4. You could put a play on an earlier 1950s Cuban Missile Crisis that bombs Florida. Orlando would have 4 or 5 different cities which are actually Disney/Universal/Sea World or any other theme parks that are inhabited and built up as fortresses that are waging war with one another. The "wasteland" would be the highway system, the swamps that divide each of the parks and maybe the city of Orlando itself. DLC could include other theme parks, a traverse deep into the Everglades or traveling to Tampa full of raiders that stole their look from pirates.