Plans for allocation of skill points

samroski

I've got 5.3m SP in learning skills on each of my 2 mains. Spent a LONG time maxing them out.... could have done a lot else... Certainly a good move for new players, though I am a little pissed off as I believe that my learning speed is going to take a hit.

Nevertheless, there is the juicy prospect of reallocation. Was thinking of possibly going for Marauders. In fact I bought 3 Golems and a Vargur a couple of weeks ago, as patch speculation. I thought a lot of people may go for these as well. Unfortunately the price for these has gone down pre-patch. Will probably keep a couple of these and dispose off the rest if I end up in loss. If there is a spike in the price, I may sell them all, and allocate the SP to something else.

Any suggestions? I am not too keen to allocate to support skills. I've got Caldari Cruiser V and BS V for both characters, and Minmatar BS V for one and Caldari BC V for the other. Both fly freighters, and nearly everything else.

There is the possibility of getting some Vs for Gunnery or Missiles...

I have extremely low expectations about his patch. The last decent update CCP did was Apocrypha. Since then it has all been downhill, and I believe that the trend will continue.

do your guns or missiles, something youll use in more then one ship type.

Hmmm sounds like a good suggestion. Still have not allocated... may wait a day or two before making the final decision.

Edit: Golems have gone up 200m since the patch :)

Edited by samroski

I've spent most of the SP on one character. 5.3m was a LOT. I had the best time possible.

Maxed out a lot of gunnery skills- including advanced weapon upgrades, rapid firing, and autocannon related skills. Also did salvaging V, and level IVs in a number of skills.

On the other character I've spent about half the SP to get to fly a Golem. But the Vargur on the first character is much more fun to fly, and I have 2nd thoughts about the golem now. Will test both ships side by side first, but I can envision the golem on contracts soon :)

I put some of my SP points into training large projectile turret from 0 to 5, and used the rest to shorten the appalling training time for carrier 5.

Haven't used the SP allocation on my second character yet, and my alts mostly just 'levelled' up their cyno skills to save on LO.

And my lowest SP alt can now have a 3rd jump clone :)