some facts to know before posting

jack254

a collection of facts and fair assumptions

the game is on a "new" engine. whether it is a completely new engine or just an overhaul of the new vegas engine (likely, due to some things are apparently shared)

the game is NOT going to be on id tech 5 due to the texture system

the map is not necessarily to scale with oblivion. in the elder scrolls 2 the province of hammerfel ( i think) was the size of england, and it would take 200 hours to walk from one end to another. if you look on the map its not so much difference in size. it is however likely that the scale will be much bigger due to bethseda wanting to make mountains not apear to be hills, and because we have a habit of bitching about towns being labeled cities (and no, skyrim is almost certainly not going to be bigger than 7x the size of cyrodil, thats not feasible on todays tech (considering that we all want geometry)

some dark messiah guys are rumored to be helping with the combat.

akaviri is the continent in which dragons where from, most were wiped out by vampire snake people (not manbearpig) therefor it can be assumed...

-there will not be many dragons

-the dragon has an army with it (akaviri invaders or some sort of undead/sleepers/monsters)

there is a good chance of werewolves, or other "were" animals (bears,boars, aparently there are also werecrocs and weresharks, although not in skyrim :ninja: )

the game is more likely To be more complex than oblivion due to feedback on oblivion and fallout 3/nv. however i stress the likely part. this probably means a less obvious level scaling.

the game will have beards and most likely a better face generator

game is most likely more than 5 gigs

and if you dont start in a prison, the game isnt an elder scrolls

anyone want to add to this?

Edited by jack254

I've been noticing that when I stared at the frieze on elderscrolls.com, there's a bunch of things that I get the feeling Bethesda put in as hints.

A man swinging a spear from a horse: Horse combat? Spears?

A man in ragged garments holding the Huntsman's Guile from Morrowind.

Someone climbing a ladder. Once again, maybe a hint from Bethesda.

What appears to be Akulakhan or the Second Numidium.

A man with ropelike hair breathing fire. Mannimarco?

Three companions follow the Dovahkiin; two male, one female. Could be a hint to 4-player coop.

And of course, the Oblivion daedric O. Although this is most likely to illustrate the trailer.

Most of this is my fervid imagination that so wants all of these things that my mind sees them.

I think that the stone carvings are not so much hints or a preview of the game but a tapestry of history, like the Bayuex tapestry depicticing the battle of hastings. Like such histroical records few men represent many and histroical figues and recognisable insignia may just be displyed and the Second Numidium and the Oblivion crisis are both recent events in the es history at this time.

I imagine there will be throwing axes. Bethesda clearly loves nords (as do I), and I have no doubt they chose Skyrim because they could nord things up to the Nth degree. It wouldn't be like them to pass up anything as iconically nordic as throwing axes for a nordic themed game, of course. Edited by Jermungand

Over the top imagining maybe, but I imagine an axe throwing challenge as in the Kirk Douglas film and the old game Heimdall. Letting the fancy go further I almost drool over the idea of Drakkar. Too fanciful I know but I have a few months of free fantasy until the screenshots & drip of hints become facts:D