⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Classic Mr Handy, anyone?

r4y30n

Does anyone have much info apart from the Wiki about Mr Handy's power supply? I was thinking of just 8 EC ammo cells for his 8 E-cells and according to the Wiki he was powered by a Model 238B nuclear power unit made under license from Calpower, but I have no idea what to do for a design of one (I'm planning on making the player have to find it).

• 1 month later...

Just found this thread and thought I kinda have to show some interest with bumping it.

Well he / she / it is getting there, got all the basic movement animations done and the dismemberment and ragdoll all work properly. I'm following the Wiki which says they did have mini guns but due to a weapon stat issue almost never used them. I still have to make all the attack animations which will be a lot of work considering I have to co-ordinate the hands and movement of the mini gun when pulled out of his / her backside (you can just see the tip of it in the pic).

http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag209/Mindboggles/Mr%20Handy%20WIP%203_zpso5e8tfko.jpg

You can have first dibs on them when I finish Jokerine on condition you don't make a follower out of one, and eventually I'll release them as a modders resource.

^ that's a huge improvement already. I'd probably make the fans a tiny bit bigger, though. Also reduce this "frontal ornament" a little bit, because it's sticking out so hard and looks useless. Keep in mind that such details had been overexaggerated in the original Fo1/2 graphics, due to their (pixel) size- you don't have to follow that to 100%.

• 5 months later...

Awesome! It looks exactly the same as in the good old fallout! Perhaps a bit smaller, isn't? (take a look at the photo below, the mr. handy looks really big compared to the chosen one) anyway I'm really impatient to play with this! ^^ will it be a replacement skin or a brand new robot?

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/38410/ss_aa0796c1f5fa4f4b3547cad5f0936bd7a0479816.1920x1080.jpg?t=1394214629

Thanks I'm glad you like him. It's easy enough to scale up a bit in the GECK as long as it's not by too much and he's already rigged to a brand new custom skeleton but IIRC I only got around to making an idle animation. Unfortunately you'll have to wait a fair while as I'm really busy working on new creatures for The Frontier.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...