Need a bit of help with modding Morrowind.

Dulkan

<snip>

@dragon

The wording on this warning is rather accusatory and confusing, if you did the edit already, but are new to modding Morrowind. Isn't it possible for mlox to check the morrowind.ini whether the ini-edit has been made? If not, I'd word it more like that: "Remember: Tamriel Rebuilt requires an ini-edit to work properly. If you haven't done so already, please check the TR-Readme to find out what to do. Mlox cannot check, whether you completed this step."

<snip>

mlox can't check for the INI edit registering the BSAs. Unless someone who knows Python fancies writing that bit of code... :ninja:

The text is lifted verbatim from TR's PDF readme, I'll add something to the beginning of the mlox warning like "Please note that the Tamriel Rebuilt read me says:" or something

<snip>

I do have two more minor issues.

1. On startup I get this error message twice:

Cell "_TLgore_Test_Cell" not found for dialogue type Voice

Info "EMPTY"

It occurs during loading of the blood & gore tribunal addon. It doesn't seem to affect gameplay, only this error message. Any idea how I can get rid of it?

<snip>

Weird, a quick internet search only showed a couple of hits for this error. It seems that those who were getting it had dodgy installs. Try reextracting and reinstalling that Blood & Gore plugin; maybe even re-download the whole plugin again.

I assume you're re-set your load order using mlox (0.60)?

Have you re-synchronised your save game's masters to your currently loaded mods?

Using Wrye Mash:

Firstly, initial cleaning of your installed mods:

(1) On the Mods tab all mods should have a green checkbox.

(2) If any mods have a yellow checkbox, select them and then look for the

Save button in the bottom right. Click that and the mod file will be

updated and the error removed. The error just means that the mod was

created with an earlier version of Morrowind to the one you're using.

Saving in Mash will update this version info.

(3) If you have any mods with red checkboxes then you do not have a ESM

file needed by that mod loaded. Check the mod's readme.

Secondly, cleaning your savegames:

(4) Onto the Saves tab, select the savegame you want to fix.

(5) When the savegame is selected the list in the bottom right will be

populated with the mods currently associated with the savegame.

(6) Right click the column headers ("File" and "Num") and choose Sync to

Load List (this will change the mods associated with the savegame to

match those currently selected on the Mods tab).

(7) Click Save

(8 ) Right click the savegame and choose Repair All.

(8a) Optionally, right click the savegame and choose Remove > Debris Cells.

(9) The checkbox for the save should now be purple.

<snip>

2. The warnings.txt also shows these messages

Texture "Textures\_land_default.tga" count 3.

Texture "Data Files\Textures\menu_thick_border_topsbdark.dds" count 2.

I assumed this meant I had duplicates of these files, but I cannot find more than one copy of either file. What do these warnings mean? Anything I should do about those?

Yeah, there're also files in the BSAs too. Consensus on these warnings it just what you say the game's found multiple copies of the same file. Not a warning type to worry about. Edited by Dragon32

Regarding the TR warning: I think the most important thing is to tell the user, that mlox cannot check whether the ini-edit was done. This should avoid confusion, as I assumed mlox could and was referring to some other problem.

I did redownload and reinstall Blood & Gore, but the error remains. If I activate other addons for mods I don't use, I get similar errors referring to creatures added by those mods.

Example:

Object "skeleton_arch_keep_MWA" not found for dialogue type Voice
Info "EMPTY"

So I think the tribunal-addon tries to access some testcell, which doesn't exist. But if that's the case, then everybody using B&G 2.14 should have this error. Hmm.

Everything is green in Wrye Mashand the repair function reports no problems. Mlox load order is updated, The error occurs on game start and appeared before I even had a savegame.

Edit: I did find a patch on mwhistory, which supposedly fixes this exact issue, but it's for the blood & gore main file http://mw.modhistory.com/download-72-10543

I have no error messages, when I deactivate the blood & gore tribunal addon.

edit: I tried older versions of the tribunal add-on.esp and the one from version 2.12 produces no errors. This file is also 600 byte larger than the newer versions. I'd say, this testcell was removed in 2.13, but the reference to it was not. However, I can't fathom how this could have gone unnoticed for several years, including another update to 2.14, which is why I doubt this conclusion.

Another thing regarding mlox. For some reason mlox decides not to load LGNPC_Secretmasters_v_1_30 before LGNPC_SecretMasters_MCA5. The latter being a compability patch for MCA and dependant on the former is being loaded very early as the second esp-file, while secretmasters itself is loaded 20 plugins later. Mlox then goes on to complain about the missing prerequisite for secretmasters_MCA, after having sorted it wrong itself. :D

Edit: though I wonder, whether the patch is even necessary anymore, as its for MCA5, which is quite outdated.

Edited by Dulkan

It looks like there's a cell "TLgore_Test_Cell" in "Blood and Gore.esp"

That cell isn't referenced by any Blood & Gore plugin, but "_TLgore_Test_Cell" is. In each case it's a couple of dialogue lines from what I can work out. Both "Blood and Gore Morrowind alone add-on.esp" and "Blood and Gore Morrowind-Tribunal add-on.esp" reference "_TLgore_Test_Cell".

So changing the cell name in "Blood and Gore.esp" from "TLgore_Test_Cell" to "_TLgore_Test_Cell" should fix things.

I'd use Enchanted Editor for that.

On the Secret Masters addon for MCA: No-one has confirmed whether or not its needed for the current version of MCA so the rule's remained as it is in mlox for ages.

[Edit: Can you download and try this "Blood and Gore.esp" from Great House Fliggerty? Found an edit I'd made years ago, I just edited the Description field and added a readme.]

Edited by Dragon32

Yes, the file you made fixes the problem. Thank you.

Regarding the secret masters.

The problem is, that mlox sorts it wrong. Mlox puts the mca-patch very early in the load order, far ahead of secretmasters itself. When creating the loadorder, mlox then puts out a warning, that the mca-patch is missing scretmasters. This only happens, because mlox itself sorts it wrong and loads secretmasters after the patch.

It shouldn't matter in any way, as all the mca-patch does is to remove a hostile spawn point, i.e. it should work as long as it's loaded after mca.

My loadorder, as created by mlox, looks like this:

_011_ LGNPC_SecretMasters_MCA5.esp

_030_ LGNPC_SecretMasters_v1_30.esp

Which creates this warning:

[PATCH]
!!'LGNPC_SecretMasters_MCA5.esp' is missing some pre-requisites:
[ALL
'LGNPC_SecretMasters_v1_30.esp',

It's ultimately a meaningless issue, save for the potential to confuse the user.

Though I have to say, it's rather strange, that it's still unclear, whether the compability patch is needed. There have been 3 major releases of MCA since then and it appears MCA development is still active (atl east the current version was uploaded to the nexus last month).

It's not the load order which causes the warning.

As you say the patch only changes MCA so there's no need to load it after LGNPC Secret Masters.

The Patch rule checks for both the LGNPC and MCA plugins. There's a check on the Description field of MCA.esm for text contained in versions 5.0. 5.1 and 5.2; so if you're running LGNPC Secret Masters and MCA.esm and MCA is not one of those versions then message will appear.

As I say, there's been no information as to whether the patch plugin is needed with MCA 6, 7 or 8

If that's ever cleared up then I will update the mlox rule-set.

[Edit: The Patch rule will have "MISSING" in capitals by the plugin name of any missing mods]

Edited by Dragon32