The Main Enemy: Is finding it as simple as it seems

DagonTheranis

I don't think it has to do with dragons; the trailer gave a lot reference to the realm of Oblivion, and hinted at another invasion.

"They're already here...the Elder Scrolls told of their return...."

"Their defeat was to their delay...to the time after Oblivion opened..."

"And when the truth dawns...it dawns in fire..."

"But...there is one they fear...in their tongue...he's Dovahkirr...Dragonborn!"

It looks like to me the Daedra are returning, and that this same hero who stopped them will be paying a visit to Skyrim. Maybe the invasion is centered on dragons as pawns for the daedra, and this Dragon title is given when he serves under Akatosh? Who knows.

Can I ask how you drew your conclusion? I mean some of the stuff does seem to point in that general direction but things like "And when the truth dawns...it dawns in fire..." seem like the kind of thing they always say in trailers...

I don't think it has to do with dragons; the trailer gave a lot reference to the realm of Oblivion, and hinted at another invasion.

"They're already here...the Elder Scrolls told of their return...."

"Their defeat was to their delay...to the time after Oblivion opened..."

It looks like to me the Daedra are returning, and that this same hero who stopped them will be paying a visit to Skyrim. Maybe the invasion is centered on dragons as pawns for the daedra, and this Dragon title is given when he serves under Akatosh? Who knows.

Can I ask how you drew your conclusion? I mean some of the stuff does seem to point in that general direction but things like "And when the truth dawns...it dawns in fire..." seem like the kind of thing they always say in trailers...

To me it's a reference of the gates opening and people having to learn the hard way of the Daedra's exsistence. I mean, look at Kvatch.

If you're also referring to this one, the fear part should jump out at you as the Daedra are probably worried of a hero right about now, and the last part I have no real explanation. Title by those who fear or revere him I'm guessing.

It's all open to debate though. We'll find out a year from now....

Edited by Keanumoreira

Doesn't it say that they are already here?

Wouldn't that imply that they are hidden in the normal realm?

I assumed it was the Oblivion invasion, but yeah, there could be dragons hiding out in caves. Maybe even among the population for all we know. :unsure:

----

There is one huge flaw in your theory though...

"But no-one wanted to believe.

Believe they even existed."

I doubt anyone don't believe the Daedra exists^^

Also, it will be 200 years after the Oblivion invasion, so I also doubt it will be the same hero from Cyrodiil.. :P

I know this is probably off topic, but I had an idea from reading Vagrant's post . . . What if the PC is the Nerevarine coming back from Akavir? Just a thought, and an exciting one, but what do you guys think?

----

There is one huge flaw in your theory though...

"But no-one wanted to believe.

Believe they even existed."

I doubt anyone don't believe the Daedra exists^^

Also, it will be 200 years after the Oblivion invasion, so I also doubt it will be the same hero from Cyrodiil.. :P

Maybe it was referring to before the seige of Kvatch when everyone was skeptical?

200 years? Who/ what told you that info?

----

[snip]

Maybe it was referring to before the seige of Kvatch when everyone was skeptical?

200 years? Who/ what told you that info?

When the Elder Scrolls book The Infernal City was released, the original blurb for it said it was between Oblivion and the Elder Scrolls 5, 200 years later. I still think it was a typo and meant 20 years.