Paid mods for skyrim workshop on steam

Nexures

And if your mod is stolen, how do you prove that you are the original author? If someone goes thru and edits the readme, and whatever else, replacing the real authors name, with thiers, and change nothing else, how is steam to determine who the 'rightful' owner is? The person that uploaded it first? If its a popular mod, generating money for Steam, what motivation will they have to take it down? Can the typical mod author afford to hire a legal team to take on valve? Especially if they are in a different country?

I guess that is a dirty method to force authors publish their mods in SW by themselves in order "to avoid problems". Besides as neither valve nor bethesda are going to check and control uploaded mods. They just left it to modmakers and "watchful community' to find thefts and report.

Also paid mods are saved as gifts or guns from csgo in steam inventory, so you can't actually delete them ever.

daaaayumn they play dirty, like raiders.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did he say that?

He's been trying (and failing) to do damage control on Reddit. http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/33uplp/mods_and_steam/

And here's a screenshot of him admitting they're positively bleeding money right now, for anyone who doesn't wish to or cannot find the post.

. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/rurik36/The%20Price%20of%20Pissing%20Off%20the%20Elder%20Scrolls%20Community_zpsacekuzgs.png

Edited by RurikNiall

I've found only very brief and vague remarks but no mentioning of losing money on it. Only "we're working on it" and "censorship sucks" which basically doesn't answer anything. My guess is he just dropped in to check the damage and now goes back to his office to fire a scapegoat and implement some new bulls***.

You know, I found a very fitting metaphore for the entire thing:

Yesterday, modders were lovers. Today, they are whores.

Edited by Teria23

I've found only very brief and vague remarks but no mentioning of losing money on it. Only "we're working on it" and "censorship sucks" which basically doesn't answer anything. My guess is he just dropped in to check the damage and now goes back to his office to fire a scapegoat and implement some new bulls***.

You know, I found a very fitting metaphore for the entire thing:

Yesterday, modders were lovers. Today, they are whores.

I edited my previous post to include a screenshot of the post in question, under the spoiler tag.

Thank you. But this reply basically means they were prepared to "piss off the internet" (no they didn't, they pissed off a trusting community, so there's really NO NEED to be flamboyant about it and treat it as a joke), and if they can live with paying one million dollars, then WHAT do they really expect to get out of this? What is worth such a price?

The thing of it is it's evident they're panicking. Remember when the Microsoft rep told Angry Joe "We can’t just flip a switch to turn off DRM. The console was built around it." and then a few days later they flipped the switch? The head of Valve trying to do damage control shows that they realise they've woken a sleeping beast, they may have expected backlash but they were confident it wouldn't impact their bottom line. This shows that their confidence has been shaken, which means this is the time when it's most important for us to not relent and make our displeasure known loudly and in numbers. We're hitting them right where it hurts them the most, in their wallets.

Edited by RurikNiall

To be fair to the mod authors, who created those mods i was using in Skyrim, i erased my Skyrim, filled with mods from Workshop and Nexus, and installed just the bare Skyrim and DLCs only. I don't want to feel like, i'm using all those hard worked mods for free.

I was using Skyrim long enough since 2011 ... so it's time to move on ... Witcher 3 for instance - without mods certainly.

Anyway, thx for the great mods created.