Valve/Bethesda announce paid modding for Skyrim, more games to follow

Dark0ne

In response to post #24616184. #24619149, #24619404, #24619489, #24619584, #24620204 are all replies on the same post.

phenderix wrote:
phantompally76 wrote: Your decision is unfortunate.

I will never pay for your mods on Steam, and I will no longer test or endorse your mods on Nexus. Please be understanding of this decision. I did not make it lightly.
AlienZombie wrote: Well, then it ceases to be a mod. It's now third-party DLC, and I won't be using your "product" anymore. Best of luck.
Draugas wrote: You reposted so I'll repost ;p
This isn't just for you, but any modder considering this.

I'm not going to say whether or not I agree, I wish you luck.

But.

I do think you do yourself a diservice by choosing to do this *now*.

This is new, people are in an uproar, Valvthesda is exploiting modders with the percentage (opinion).

Are the potential repercussions worth putting your mod up on day two of the storm?
Arendella wrote: Kudos for you to make your descision.

Now its my descision to tell people NOT to get it.

Even though no ones buying them anyways
badiyee85 wrote: Kudos to you. I shall stay away from your 'products'.

seriously, f*#@ you man.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #24616184. #24619149, #24619404, #24619489, #24619584, #24620204, #24620359 are all replies on the same post.

phenderix wrote:

I will never pay for your mods on Steam, and I will no longer test or endorse your mods on Nexus. Please be understanding of this decision. I did not make it lightly.
AlienZombie wrote: Well, then it ceases to be a mod. It's now third-party DLC, and I won't be using your "product" anymore. Best of luck.

But.

This is new, people are in an uproar, Valvthesda is exploiting modders with the percentage (opinion).

Are the potential repercussions worth putting your mod up on day two of the storm?

MrDerpHerpin wrote: seriously, f*#@ you man.

Thank you all for being so positive. :)

In response to post #24617454. #24618439 is also a reply to the same post.

MacKom wrote:
Brumbek wrote: If someone offers me a way to make a few hundred dollars over the next month and this in NO WAY hinders your access to my mod currently, why is it wrong? For those of us modders who have made clear we will never, ever remove or limit our Nexus mod versions, why doesn't it fly with you if I let some well-off Steam users pay me a meager fee?

My main concern is the payout ratio since it is so one-sided.

"My main concern is the payout ratio since it is so one-sided. "

Then your decision should be pretty clear and simple. You want to earn more than 25%. Tell it as it is.

In response to post #24616184. #24619149, #24619404, #24619489, #24619584, #24620204, #24620359, #24620494 are all replies on the same post.

phenderix wrote:

But.

phenderix wrote: Thank you all for being so positive. :)

Sarcasm does not do you any service.

In response to post #24615234. #24615334, #24618949, #24619709 are all replies on the same post.

phantompally76 wrote:
freedom613 wrote: Kudos for ya! (You didn't upset me by the way...)
phantompally76 wrote: Sigh.

No sooner had I logged out that I got half a dozen text messages letting me know "SKYUI IS GOING PAYWALL ERMAGERD!!!!" effectively forcing every single one of us to buy into this horsecrap moving forward.

Unbelievable. Absolutely unbelievable.
Arendella wrote: Excuse me as I vomit GG SkyUI GG

I won't be moving forward and buying ANYTHING. I'll put Skyrim down for the long cold sleep before I do it. Millions for defense, not ONE penny for tribute!

Pops

In response to post #24609904.

iiiimessiahiiii wrote:

If getting paid lead to better quality anything we would not have a 90% crap turn over for DLC, and season pass ripoffs. We would not have sequels and new IP's that rip people off because most big review sites get paid to write positive reviews. All money does is separate people it makes us competitive instead of cooperative it makes people not want to give trade secrets to keep an edge, it makes them not even want to make a guide much less a free program to allow modding to begin will.

This whole idea of Some modders saying the content would have not been done without the pay model is complete hogwash. For every person that uses that copout there are 10 more that possibly did not publish because they where afraid their asset, methods or concepts would be taken.

This one here with the incentive, it's also not your content sure you may have made something but you are adding to other peoples work not creating a complete stand alone product and if you use fnis,skse,niftools etc etc etc you can count on the fact you are stepping on someones toes and violating someones work and or GPL agreement. but you think it is a motivator it is also a huge obligation to be up at 3am because of a small bug for what $25.00 i doubt that will be sufficient motivation once that pizza is gone.

In response to post #24615234. #24615334, #24618949, #24619709, #24621479 are all replies on the same post.

phantompally76 wrote:
freedom613 wrote: Kudos for ya! (You didn't upset me by the way...)
phantompally76 wrote: Sigh.

No sooner had I logged out that I got half a dozen text messages letting me know "SKYUI IS GOING PAYWALL ERMAGERD!!!!" effectively forcing every single one of us to buy into this horsecrap moving forward.

Unbelievable. Absolutely unbelievable.
Arendella wrote: Excuse me as I vomit GG SkyUI GG
Pops53 wrote: I won't be moving forward and buying ANYTHING. I'll put Skyrim down for the long cold sleep before I do it. Millions for defense, not ONE penny for tribute!

Pops

We still got Fallout woohoo. So this is what Bethesda has to look forward to in it's first E3 this is gonna be interesting from here on out.

In response to post #24616184. #24619149, #24619404, #24619489, #24619584, #24620204, #24620359, #24620494, #24621229 are all replies on the same post.

phenderix wrote:

But.

phenderix wrote: Thank you all for being so positive. :)
fhobson1 wrote: Sarcasm does not do you any service.

After getting over 50 comments and messages and many respectful responses I have changed my mind and will keep all of my mods free and Nexus exclusive. I trust Nexus staff to have a good solution to this problem.