Looking for Reading Suggestions!

RZ1029

Few series I really liked. You may have to hunt them up at used book stores, etc.

"The Chronicles of Amber" and "Trumps of Doom" by Roger Zelazny. Fantasy.

Katherine Kurtz: Camber of Culdi series. Fantasy, with very strong middle ages flavour. This woman does research and can sometimes go into too much detail. Interesting ritual magic in her stories.

Nobody mentioned Hitchiker's Guide yet? Really? It's Sci-fi, and reads similarly to Pratchett's earlier books in the Discworld series. If you're looking to make some grand sense of it all, you'll be wasting your time, but if you can go with the flow and let it make some grand sense on its own, you might enjoy it. There's 4 or 5 books to the series, and you might be able to get them in a single collection.

Aye, I forgot about that one.

It's a beauty though, a true SF must read.

And if you like Hitchhiker's, you'll want to read Red Dwarf. It's not so long as the 4-5 books (I managed to find the entire series in one bricklike hardback), but it's good for a seriously large number of laughs.

Good Evening/Morning/Night/Happy Hour/What-have-you Nexinians!

I'm looking for suggestions regarding reading to be done. I read a lot of fantasy, sci-fi, and some fiction, but I've recently run out of books to read. And I'm looking for reading suggestions. I don't have a lot of time to run down to the local (understocked) book store, so I usually order online, but it's so hard to tell what's a good book online with the whole 2-line description they give you.

Just for a rough overview on what I have read and enjoyed:

•  
  • Paolini's work, not the best writing but I liked the story.
  • Gail Z. Martin's Chronicles of the Necromancer
  • Some of the Dune series, but not all. I liked the House Atreides series especially.
  • Asimov's Foundation.
  • All Lord of the Rings books, including Christopher Tolkien's work.
  • The Harry Potter series at the urging of some of my younger compatriots
  • A few miscellaneous books about the Halo universe, mostly because they were on sale. Decent books, though.
  • All of Pratchett's works.
  • Also, enjoyed the Bourne series. Stuff like that's interesting.

If you've got anything, I'd appreciate it. If you don't mind, drop the title, author and a brief (non-spoiler pl0x) description.

Thanks Nexinians,

RZ

Given what you have read and the fact you said "Actiony-Fiction Type" [sic] I would recommend anything and everything by Tom Clancy, especially the Jack Ryan series (be sure to get and read them in order.) If you are a voracious reader, that should cover you until at least mid February-April depending on your time and speed. It is a bit of a sidestep in your genre but you won't be disappointed.

Given what you have read and the fact you said "Actiony-Fiction Type" [sic] I would recommend anything and everything by Tom Clancy, especially the Jack Ryan series (be sure to get and read them in order.) If you are a voracious reader, that should cover you until at least mid February-April depending on your time and speed. It is a bit of a sidestep in your genre but you won't be disappointed.

Is there a book to Ghost Recon: Future Soldier? But I shall definitely look into these, as I've played a few related games, and rather enjoyed them. And judging by his Wikipedia page, that should keep me pretty busy.

EDIT:

@Calliton .... thanks.

Edited by RZ1029

Is there a book to Ghost Recon: Future Soldier? But I shall definitely look into these, as I've played a few related games, and rather enjoyed them. And judging by his Wikipedia page, that should keep me pretty busy.

EDIT:

@Calliton .... thanks.

no problem, smart alecyness is my livelyhood

but in all seriousness, i would also reccomend the hitch hiker's guide to the galaxy, get the whole set in one book