Quick updates to the site, money money money edition

Dark0ne

In response to post #24595079. #24595229 is also a reply to the same post.

Vurtax wrote:
Dark0ne wrote: How do you mean?

As in "Hey, I have this idea for a mod, if you do it, I'll pay you money money and money for the work you put into it." I assume that's still not allowed.

Also, sorry for that emoticon I didn't plan showing up in the first thing.

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #24595494.

LtRhapthorne wrote:

This is what I'm talking about. Mods have already been posted on STEAM that have been stolen from other sites/modder's and taken down. This is a mess.

Thank you so much for the new permission checkboxes, and for having them default to "moneybucks not allowed". Really saves time for losers like me with lots of mods that would need permissions updated. You're awesome! :wub:

In response to post #24595124. #24595439, #24595614 are all replies on the same post.

Reaper0021 wrote:
Brasscatcher wrote: That's part of what's dragged me into this conversation. I'm really not that chatty online. I'm kind of an e-hermit, for the most part, lol.

There are so many ways this system could be exploited if it worked *well*. Considering how they've chosen to implement pay2mod, it can only end badly.
Reaper0021 wrote: Yeah I don't get involved in forums talk much. I come here and use Dark0ne's site(s) for all the great mods. I just look at this....and get worried about the direction things are going. I'm truly scared. There have already been mods posted on STEAM this morning that have been stolen and taken down. This isn't going to bode well I think.

"You may sell presets, shaders, bitmaps, documentation and any other components for ENBSeries, except binary files (dll, exe) created by author of ENBSeries." - The licence agreement and distribution rules from his site. (http://enbdev.com/license_en.htm)

Despite this, I do share your concern.

This whole paid workshop only reinforced my respect for people who do this for free, and makes me truely believe they should be paid for it. It's a shame to see the most dominant modding community getting negatively impacted by this ( mods stolen and hidden to prevent from being stolen),I hope this new donation feature will work out and people will receive donations for this hard work.

But jesus what a mess this is, this system has more holes then a swisscheese, the ability to steal mods is easier then stealing candy from a baby, even if refund cash goes to your wallet, wouldn't you be able to just buy mods with wallet cash?

Yet again, my biggest respect to modders who do this for free, you are truely awesome people and deserve all the glory.