Merry Christmas

CommanderCrazy

Ehh, I'm a total ba humbug (the offical term for people who see xmas as more trouble than it's worth) but even I've been feeling the spirit a bit this afternoon.

When you've got the local firefighters, in Australia that's an all volunteer unit of particularly gutsy civvies-none gutsier than the Victorian Mountain FD, who've faced apocalypse on earth three times over in thirty years-charging around in a "borrowed" firetruck, dressed as Santa Claus, charging about town giving out presents for the sheer fun of it, it's hard to see xmas as simply a celebration of capitalism.

But with the whole family gathered together, a fridge full of excellent German cider, firefighters gone crazy, and the best weather all year, it's hard not to smile.

Merry Christmas guys!

The selection of fine Belgian beers I imported specially to celebrate hasn't arrived in time for christmas sadly - it's particularly annoying since I ordered a couple of things along with it to give as presents, so I've spent the day hurriedly buying chocolates etc to give tomorrow instead. Hopefully it'll be here in time for new year's though, so we can drink it then instead :D

hehe Festivus, we did that in school once, was the best :D

Merry Christmas everyone! :) We're doing it today at my boyfriend's aunties, so I get pressies today! :D Hehe...there's two under the tree from my boyfriend right now...hmmm wonder what I'm getting ;)