Now that paid mods are gone, it's time to count the casualties..

Erinaea

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested what will happen with stuff like SKY UI and that team. They came back once money was announced and will be interesting if they stay. That one guy showed his true colors on Reddit after he blasted the community by declaring there was no such thing as a community in Skyrim. The backlash was pretty bad. Furthermore I bet we'll never see update 5.0 since it seemed he was only in it for the cash grab. If Sky UI 5.0 still gets made I will be surprised.

The irony, now with paid mods gone the only thing left IS the community (how it should be). I'd say as bad as this whole paid mod thing was the past few days it was good to see the true colors of people in the community and those who stood together in a respectful manner. Those who passed the test and were graceful/didn't panic and those who are probably embarrassed by their actions.

Agreed, It was really bad. I am not a creator but I do know the the effort and time put into making Mods. And while I am on a fixed income, I appreciate everyone of you who have contributed not only to Skyrim, but Morrowind and Oblivion as well. Without you folks these games would not be near the wonderful works of art these games have achieved.

Chesko was really blindsided by both the corporate world and then by mod users. It was brutal to watch.

I feel sorry for the modders like Chesko, the likes of that guy from SkyUI not so much, but the ones who didn't lash out at the community get my sympathy. There's probably a lesson here about trying to turn something you love into a job, though.

Considering how this so-called "community" treated some of the people who shaped it into what it is today? I wouldn't blame anyone for stepping out after all this.

Exactly, I sincerely hope the rest of the top talent clears out in response. The self-entitlement from this community was the most despicable thing I've ever witnessed from a gaming community in my entire life. Cant believe so many expect these developers to pour thousands of their valuable hours making mod for nothing. So many hiding behind "Valve's refund policy or the pay split" when it all boils down to them wanting everything while giving nothing in return. Despicable.

Mod authors who decided to sell out to a paid system made their bed and they ought to live with it.

As far as I know Chesko is gone and maybe the SkyUI guys.

Would be cool if we could get together a comprehensive list so we know who to boycott in future. I seriously have trust issues with the entire Skyrim mod scene right now.

I'd hate to accidently support a game, or mod, made by someone who so easily sold the modding scene down the toilet... not even just the modding scene.. the entire PC Gaming community.

Imagine if this actually succeded? What games would be next? What if Bethesda decided that "free" mods were no longer allowed and tried to get Nexus shut down?

These modders played with fire which could of killed us all.

Anyway. Chesko is gone, SkyUI maybe and I know Isoku used the paywall so he may have gone as well.

Edited by UltimaDweedleXVersion