Co-Authoring a story..

HellsMaster

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Job

Mercenary/Killer [both]? Assassin[1]/Thief [both]? Monk? Knight? i Vote assassin

Weapon

Hammer[1]/Spear/Knife/Flail

History

Mystery[1]? Known?

Thief.

Hammer.

Mystery.

Those are my choices. I guess it would be some thief that wanted treasure and found that hammer.

Anyway what did you think of my idea? Maybe we could take some elements out of it, for example make a group of not so great characters he encounters on the way rather than one main that does everything and succeeds?

I don't think that the group should accompany along his whole story, maybe only a half of it? For example when they in a group got tired of adventures and leave the main character alone? Or maybe main character's morals are not up to the standard of the group?

Edited by Omeletter

i guess we can combine thief and assassin right? ok umm.. he could use a crossbow i guess, a handheld one right?

Maybe like a mini crossbow

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1c/Crossbow_pistol_IMG_3841.jpg

Kinda like that.

Would be easier for assassin to hide.

I doubt an assassin would carry a lot of things. How about like some sort of very unique looking dagger.

Something like http://www.christiandevotions.us/uploaded_images/dagger-767897.jpg

Edited by antonkr

Thief-turned assassin in a medieval-esque setting would probably be equipped with several daggers which are no more than glorified kitchen knives, a shortsword, maybe two if he was good at what he did. A crossbow is unlikely, unless he's incredibly good at what he does and makes a lot of money. A longbow is more likely, and makes more sense. You get more range, and it was used for hunting, which would give reason for his skill. However, the bow isn't going to be some beautiful weapon of death, chances are it's little more than a maple sapling with a string on it. Poisons are possible, though I wouldn't see them carrying it around, perhaps a small vial of some sort of snake/scorpion venom or a custom brew poison and such. Most of the larger bottle supplies and such would probably be left at his base of operation.

As for the history, the 'I don't know who I am' thing is kind of over-done. Just make him a farmers son who used to hunt and decided to pave his path to riches via theft, murder, and other sorts of unsavory things. Then he could decide to either make a turn for the better because his dad died and it was a dying wish, he met someone who changed his mind, he gets a job to retrieve the artifact, and instead decides to keep it for himself or something. Remember, your main character doesn't have to be a 'good' guy. You could also use that theft as an introduction of the lover that everyone seems to be set on.

As for the artifact, I vote something of a non-weapon nature. A shield, perhaps some form of armor? The guisarme is pretty cool, but magical weapons are generally overdone and tend to be a little bit overpowered. (Balancing of weapon stats... in a story?!) Maybe a gauntlet that has magic imbued in it, granting its use to the wearer. That makes it usable all the time, allowing the thief/assassin to use his weapons of choice still. Of course, the magic has to have some sort of 'tax' on it, that draws on the user, or they could just keep blasting away with magical lightning bolts 24/7.

Just suggestions, though.