Co-Authoring a story..

HellsMaster

omeletter, the weapon must suit the job

a thief will NOT know how to use a warhammer, he is more likely to use a short sword or a dagger

Exactly. Adds more interest to it. Some thief looking for treasure (the rest of his history is mystery) finds a hammer, but he doesn't know how to use it effectively, but it seems like a worthy treasure. The hammer won't be like a usual one, but it would be like a family heritage he stole. It won't have an enchantment on it, it's overdone, enchantment on weapons. Maybe an enchantment on his helmet, glove, etc?

Also it wasn't specific, if you're thinking of a big war hammer (Oblivion two hand one), then that wasn't what I thought of, there are smaller hammers, right? I was thinking of something a bit larger than a mace, if not the same size.

Oh and I didn't really like the choice of weapons, you can pick them, but if the choice is limited to that, this is my suggestion.

Edit - I started a new page again.

Edited by Omeletter

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a thief will NOT know how to use a warhammer, he is more likely to use a short sword or a dagger

Exactly. Adds more interest to it. Some thief looking for treasure (the rest of his history is mystery) finds a hammer, but he doesn't know how to use it effectively, but it seems like a worthy treasure. The hammer won't be like a usual one, but it would be like a family heritage he stole. It won't have an enchantment on it, it's overdone, enchantment on weapons. Maybe an enchantment on his helmet, glove, etc?

Also it wasn't specific, if you're thinking of a big war hammer (Oblivion two hand one), then that wasn't what I thought of, there are smaller hammers, right? I was thinking of something a bit larger than a mace, if not the same size.

Oh and I didn't really like the choice of weapons, you can pick them, but if the choice is limited to that, this is my suggestion.

Hmm I like the idea of him finding the hammer along the way.

Maybe he doesn't even use it he is just looking to sell it for a lot of money. I dunno.

Hmm I like the idea of him finding the hammer along the way.

Maybe he doesn't even use it he is just looking to sell it for a lot of money. I dunno.

I was thinking the story would start as a thief is about to rob that house. He would have a knife and a few lock picks on him but he is generally poor. So he finds the hammer and keeps it, decides not to sell it, due to how rare it looks. Then maybe he would be persuaded to sell it?

the farmer son thing is a bit eragon-esque, how about this time we make that he comes from a wealthy and noble family. Hating this life, he takes a stash of money and goes away and start living a sinful life blah blah. Yeah a magical gauntlet is a nice idea, i like it a lot. And about his armement i wanted him not to be the everyday assassin and was thinking of him having quite a weaponry available like a handheld crossbow, one and a half sword, some throwing knives, poision vials are a good touch, and of course a hunting bow paited black ect. Otherwise i like your idea a lot. our character is nearly finished, then we will need to shape the bad guy, have a look at the love story, if we do any then we optimise the storyline and we can start i think.

Okay, i didnt see the new page. Yes having the thief/assassin get the hammer in a very usual way is a great idea and by the way what weapon would you wanted, 'cos the choice was limited)?

Edited by HellsMaster

Okay, i didnt see the new page. Yes having the thief/assassin get the hammer in a very usual way is a great idea and by the way what weapon would you wanted, 'cos the choice was limited)?

I meant it weren't specific, because a hammer can mean anything from a usual workshop one, to the size of a two handed barbarian warhammer. I think the size would be like a one handed hammer/mace size. I think he should sell it along the way for a shortsword/dagger and an outfit. The hammer wouldn't be the main weapon but would play a part in the story.

Happy New Year by the way!

Edited by Omeletter

I agree. Making it too big would be kinda wierd for an assassin to carry.

But we have to describe it more. How do you guys think it should look like? maybe have some mysterious emblem on it?

you mean more like a mallet right?

http://www.hitch-n-pitch.co.uk/acatalog/peg_rubber_mallet.JPG

It is small, portable and fits the job hmm? Also antonkr is right, i think we should make it of amober color and have intricate runes like design carved into it. whadday say?

you mean more like a mallet right?

http://www.hitch-n-pitch.co.uk/acatalog/peg_rubber_mallet.JPG

It is small, portable and fits the job hmm? Also antonkr is right, i think we should make it of amober color and have intricate runes like design carved into it. whadday say?

Yes like a mallet. That is the correct one.

Amber colour - You're sort of reading my thoughts. It should be amber and that famous steel colour. And the design, yes, it would have that design.