You sexists

Lehcar

Say that when you're face down in foreign dirt, having been awake for 38 hours straight, surrounded by the corpses of everyone you've known for the last five years, about to be killed fighting for a faceless corporation's foreign oil inerests. This is not a role you take on to spite people, fool, and in times of war the last thing a commanding officer needs is an agro greenhorn champing at the bit for a chance to be superwoman.

Just idle curiosity, surely this is conjecture not personal experience? Nothing that I have read of your posts to date lead me to believe that you ever served, if I am in error then I apologize, if not then excuse me if I discount your opinions accordingly.

Not myself, but I've known some dozen people who have.

One of my best friends is an Iraq veteran of the first gulf war, an American Navy pilot.

And I've met quite a few others, some serving military, others reservists or non field officers. But yes, I've no personal experience of war, but I've got family who have served(my great grandfather, ADF, WW 1/2) and left journals, and have spoken to enough active service people/former GIs not to wish it on anyone. If only to avoid the psychological effects.

My own background was first medical, then now IT and engineering, but I have really gotten around in my 20 years and met a good many folks from various militaries.

Edited by Vindekarr

I'm sorry, i kind of made this thread on a whim, when I was upset, I wasn't really thinking very well. I didn't mean to offend anyone, I don't know I just found it upsetting. I'm sorry.

But no my reasons for joining the military aren't just because I want to be some bigshot, it really is something I've been genuinely interested in doing for some time because I feel it might be enjoyable and fulfilling path... xx

please dont be so mean, im sorry...

Edited by Lehcar

You don't owe anyone an apology. Regardless of what drives you, at least you have motivations and opinions. I don't think you're a "fool" either. Whether or not some of us agreed with everything you said regarding your goal, many of us still appreciate you sharing it :)

That is all.

Edited by Karasuman

No need to apologize, the mouth speaks what the heart is full of. I personally am anti millitary, but do not talk against people´s choices. I support @Vindekar´s post somewhat. I too have best friend that have been in Bosnia, Iraq and Afghanistan. He is still tormented by many experiences. One day in Iraq he had to strangle 3 little puppies, in order not to blow his hiding. They were making noise, and he just loves dogs. Today he is not the same Simon as I use to know. Love has left him.

All kind of warfare will give you scars on the body and soul, and you may not always agree with the "cause"

As for the strengh; perhaps there is a minor difference, it also depends on the size of the body. As for the fragility of the mind, I think it´s the same for male or female.

It´s your choice, I still wish you luck :thumbsup:

I'm sorry, i kind of made this thread on a whim, when I was upset, I wasn't really thinking very well. I didn't mean to offend anyone, I don't know I just found it upsetting. I'm sorry.

But no my reasons for joining the military aren't just because I want to be some bigshot, it really is something I've been genuinely interested in doing for some time because I feel it might be enjoyable and fulfilling path... xx

please dont be so mean, im sorry...

*hug*

next time just think out your words please

this has become a nice debate though

and just remember, it may seem fufilling now, but it might not be when you lose an arm

so REALLY think it through, are you willing to risk life and limb for your country?

The end of the second page, and most of the third page are completely off topic. I'm sure Lehcar was simply enraged, and had someone say some sort of sexist thing to her. When I was in nursing school, I was called gay several times by my peers. I was quite discouraged, because I was honestly working to become a nurse to help war vets. needless to say I'm a biology student now, and not a nursing student.

Sexism is everywhere, and on both sides. It angers you when you hear about it, and it is everywhere. Women are last picks when it comes to everything labor-oriented, and the ratios between men and women social workers are favoring the latter. Men traditionally serve in the Military, and that has held for over five thousand years. Women traditionally serve as caretakers and nurses, and this too has stood the test of time.

Change can't be sudden. You can't remove a vital support in a building and expect it to not come crashing down on you. The feminist movement is very recent, and everyone has to realize that change must take time. We are progressing rapidly, but this is the limit of the rate of progression.

So there is no need for anger towards the OP for something that is otherwise a minor offense, and there is no need to be angry, OP. The struggle for supreme sexual 'equality' does not end today, and will never.

*hug*

and just remember, it may seem fufilling now, but it might not be when you lose an arm

so REALLY think it through, are you willing to risk life and limb for your country?

Documentary of the psychology of the 'Calliton', take one:

Observe as the Calliton sends mixed signals to the female of his species. At one end, he is supporting her. At another, he is attempting to dissuade her of pursuing dangerous activity. Scientists believe that this is an example of a 'Male Protector' that is commonly observed in Calliton society

Fascinating. :teehee:

The end of the second page, and most of the third page are completely off topic. I'm sure Lehcar was simply enraged, and had someone say some sort of sexist thing to her. When I was in nursing school, I was called gay several times by my peers. I was quite discouraged, because I was honestly working to become a nurse to help war vets. needless to say I'm a biology student now, and not a nursing student.

Sexism is everywhere, and on both sides. It angers you when you hear about it, and it is everywhere. Women are last picks when it comes to everything labor-oriented, and the ratios between men and women social workers are favoring the latter. Men traditionally serve in the Military, and that has held for over five thousand years. Women traditionally serve as caretakers and nurses, and this too has stood the test of time.

Change can't be sudden. You can't remove a vital support in a building and expect it to not come crashing down on you. The feminist movement is very recent, and everyone has to realize that change must take time. We are progressing rapidly, but this is the limit of the rate of progression.

So there is no need for anger towards the OP for something that is otherwise a minor offense, and there is no need to be angry, OP. The struggle for supreme sexual 'equality' does not end today, and will never.

*hug*

Documentary of the psychology of the 'Calliton', take one:

Observe as the Calliton sends mixed signals to the female of his species. At one end, he is supporting her. At another, he is attempting to dissuade her of pursuing dangerous activity. Scientists believe that this is an example of a 'Male Protector' that is commonly observed in Calliton society

Fascinating. :teehee:

i support the military, if you want to go risk your life for your country, then i commend you

BUT i dont blindly support, i want people that want to go in to know how awful the aftereffects can be

veterans are forgotton, and it saddens me to see them in such a state, i would not want Lechar to receive support without realizing the risks

and i am not an animal... im the missing link

edit: i am a protector, my name being william, which means unwavering protector

Edited by TheCalliton

Now THAT is admirable, Lehcar. :thumbsup:

I have seen people who just seemed to be coasting though life, and then they enlisted, served a few years, and WOW what a difference it made for them. It gave them drive and detemnation, focus, confidence, and a sense of purpose.

So even if you don't make a career of it, there are still benfits to be gained that can make you a better person, and since "better people" seem to be in short supply these days I say GO FOR IT. But do it for you, okay?

Hey Lehcar please do not beat yourself up too much. As social creatures every human is a fool at some time. I obviously include myself in this.

From my conversations with friends also from my reading those who join the military do so in large part to test themselves not those around themselves. Whatever our own opinions may be no one can be part of a military unit and expect to excel let alone survive without depending upon and caring for one's peers.

As a british guy I have an inbuilt respect for canadians and whatever your decision on your future I wish you well..