I hate Marriage in Skryim...taking suggestions

Galadreal

Interesting, but not very practical along that line of thinking. I mean, it might be possible to do it where the first even triggered after you were married, and then just have them go a certain number of days after that. But since there is no set time/length into the game when you get married, there could be no progression on the notes. I don't think you could get a very personal feel to them with them being sent triggered by quests.

It works great with the Black Horse Courier, becuase all of those announcements are based on the questlines triggering them, but short of something along the lines of "I heard about you doing this, I hope you are ok" I cannot think of a way it would be practical.

And that level of customization is way beyond what I can do. Mostly I rearrange things and make things look different. I will need to outsource or get my mind working long enough to learn how to do the conditions aspect already. I don't think I could do this thing.

Yeah I didnt consider the timing of when your married. One could get around most of it. Like, I recently ran into a survivor of helgen, he said it was horrible, I hope in the future you avoid getting arrested! P.s. Why were you about to get your head cut off? (Its vague enough that you could have sided with either the imperials or stormcloaks to escape)

Or failing that, one could use a method of capturing how many quests the player has completed. Then every x number of quests completed you send a letter. (you could use an invisible quest opposed to a script) The mod imperious shows that the game can recognize how many quests are done, and you can trigger in game stuff with that information. In perkus case it was giving an imperial a racial buff.

Anyhow other ideas for marriage..

- Give your spouse a day job. (Perhaps opens a store and sells junk) There are a couple mods floating around which do some of this, but none with the marriage angle. Or perhaps, being able to give your spouse 20kish(or whatever amount) and she buys a vanilla store, and you gain some weekly profits.

- Turn your wife into an adventurer. She goes off on her own (Note that she really just disappears and a random number generator kicks in), and several outcomes can occur:

she finds dungeon and comes back with loot

she finds dungeon and flees for her life.

She finds dungeon and is captured. (If memory serves the hearthfire has a kidnap quest for your wife, so you could in theory use that quest logic, or use the companion kidnap quest)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and I really like windstand in your all houses remodeled mod.

Thanks, I am a bit of a sucker for color coordination. I appreciate it.

Skyrim is a place where you die quick and no-where is safe. Which, is partially why marriage is so simple. However, people are often killed and hurt over matters of the heart. On entrance to Riverwood, you have the option to solve a love triangle through deciept! So, romance is by no means dead, especially to such a cold land. I think this mod would be great. Skyrim love is not just about having the biggest sword ( ;D ), but about showing some compassion...

Some NPC's in Skyrim are only opt to marry if you pertain to a certain side of the war (I'm looking at you Carlotta Valentia!) This shows that ideals matter! There is still a bard's college up and running! People care about emotion. I don't know how far you are looking to go, but faction standings would play a roll, crime rankings would play a roll and finally spending some time with them would be necessary!.. Bringing them gifts! Marriage in Skyrim should be simple to achieve, but not... that simple. I would like to see the introduction of the player being able to pick out their spouse's wedding ring and proposing too!

Thank you, for your idea by the way! Never cared about Skyrim marriage much until I read this, but now it frustrates me!