Skyrim is Dead

Tyler799

I was recently traveling through the marshes southeast of Solitude, at night, and realized just how f*cking spooky it can be with the right ENB's/Lighting Mods/Shaders/etc.

I was thinking, what if everyone in Skyrim was gone? Im talking every character, every NPC excepting the animals just completely disapeered. Then we're left with notes scattered across the whole of Skyrim, hinting at whatever the mystery was that caused it.

Just a short thought. If anyone's more interested in it I could provide more details.

Agreed, the marshes can be spooky at night, esp with a quality lighting mod or enb.

That would be a hell of a quest mod though... You'd either need to clone all of skyrim as a new area for it or disable literally every npc & critter in the game. That's a programming workout. :)

Agreed, the marshes can be spooky at night, esp with a quality lighting mod or enb.

That would be a hell of a quest mod though... You'd either need to clone all of skyrim as a new area for it or disable literally every npc & critter in the game. That's a programming workout. :smile:

Yeah, it's likely a bit too big of a project for your average modder to undertake. I'd love it though. I'd like to see what it's like to be in the cold, unforgiving wilderness of Skyrim when no-one's left. Bonus points for playing it with Frostfall + Realistic Needs and Diseases to make it even harsher. Perhaps Requiem, too. Disabling fast travel would be a must. For full effect you should wake up in a destroyed city, Helgen for nothing else but simplicity, since the destroyed version is a vanilla asset.

Also, you'd only be disabling Human NPC's, not animals. Animals are cool. Can't talk to them, after all. I wonder if Drauger/Skeletons/other enemies should be kept though. Do they make the experience more scary, or is pure lonliness the best route? I think it's the latter.

Perhaps the story goes that the Dragonborn died at Helgen, and didn't make it to fulfil the prophecy. Instead, the Dragons won, and all of Skyrim is in completele ruin. Not as mysterious though. I prefer the pure disapeerance to the Dragon idea.

Edited by Tyler799

Instead of everyone being gone, there should be just one other human npc left, somewhere, and you have to fight your way the length and breadth of the map in order to find him/her. The ultimate quest goal being to find him or her, get married, and start repopulating.

• 2 weeks later...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=430994185&searchtext = Skyout Wasteland ENB

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58230/? = Empty Skyrim

Have no idea how good the ENB is, but saw it pop up a little while ago. That should just about cover it, besides the questline...

So would your idea be every NPC disappears forever? Or at the end of the quest could they be brought back? It is a great idea, could definitely give a bit of a horror/suspense feel to the game, but could be extremely game-breaking if the former.