Scripting question: SetLevel

Ulfric1

I was wondering how this would work with an NPC who has his stats auto-calculated in the construction set. Will changing it by scripting in game, also change his attributes? Will auto-calc cancel a change out or how would it work?

Ok, already figured this one out. Now I'm getting weird problems scripting.

I'm setting a float variable using this command:

set pposx to (Player->getpos x)

This gives me a syntax error(using getpos x by itself does not), so I change it to:

set pposx to (Player.getpos x)

This causes the construction set to outright crash. I'm using 1.3 fixed with Steam GOTY edition.

I'd suggest grabbing MWEdit for your script writing. It has a much better script editor than the TES:CS, including function tool tips. Set the syntax warning level to Strong in its Options dialogue. What I tend to do is to write a script in MWEdit then copy and paste it into my mod in the CS.

Morrowind Scripting for Dummies is a great resource for help on scripts.

That said, I'm not much of a scripter but try

set pposx to ( Player->getpos x )

I'd suggest grabbing MWEdit for your script writing. It has a much better script editor than the TES:CS, including function tool tips. Set the syntax warning level to Strong in its Options dialogue. What I tend to do is to write a script in MWEdit then copy and paste it into my mod in the CS.

Morrowind Scripting for Dummies is a great resource for help on scripts.

That said, I'm not much of a scripter but try

set pposx to ( Player->getpos x )

MWEdit looks interesting, I'll give it a try.

And thanks, that did the trick. I didn't know Morrowind was that finicky about spacing, I'll watch that in the future. lol