Skyrim Information

Zaldir

*sigh* then why are you commenting on this thread over and over again? if you're not interested in Skyrim, don't stick around just to throw cold water on our excitement about the game. I have a lot more I could say but I'm too frustrated and I don't want to start any more fights/disagreements/flaming.

Because I like it, TES series is one of my favourite series.

you should just start reading books and renting movies then. you'll save money and you wont have to deal with that awful bioware gameplay or the day 1 DLCs (ripoff). saying skyrim wont be a complete package game because you cant travel outside of skyrim. well then every game isnt complete package then... GTA cant go inside every building and red dead redemption same, DA doesnt have a real game world just locations on the map. etc...

You were the only who stated that Skyrim is a "complete package", to you it is but to me it isn't. There are stuff that could can't do without mods. I can't skip every single fight with a person with 100% speechcraft. Really, nice try but really try hard to find out where I'm coming from. I'm saying that (and I'll bold it for it to be clear for you) that a sandbox RPG doesn't need to fail on story. I'm disappointed with Todd's reasoning and I'm disappointed that they aren't going to explore new ideas. I'm sure it will be nice but you don't need to repeat Arena/Daggerfall/Morrowind/Oblivion storyline all the time.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your missing the point. Its a sandbox RPG. Skip the story, I always do and there's more than enough content to never touch the main plot. I even got a mod that skips the jail and starts my character on a boat for oblivion.

Why not put your effort into a mod like that? I hate TES weapons personally but rather than complain I'm working on a mod to replace them all.

(Back on topic)

Ha... I think I must be psychic

First two things I said to my mates when I heard Skyrim was coming out

1. "Oh a new elder scrolls... Nice...I hope they put in duel weilding... you know... like bioshock or something" (murmurs of agreement)

2. (a few minutes later) "Wait... isn't Skyrim where the Nords are from... Maybe we'll get to do Shout magic..." (Silence) "Anyone remember Shout magic?" (Silence) "From that book in Oblivion?" (Silence) "I was the only one that read the books, wasn't I?" (Silence) "Okay..."

So is there anymore info on whats coming up

Or are we going to have to wait this late September?

Edited by Magnanimous1

So, 4 skills are removed, and there seems to be a lot of speculation around which skills these are.. (For those who wonders why I said 4 and not 3; 21-18+1(Enchant) = 4)

Which skills do you think have been removed?

My bet would be Mysticism(confirmed), Athletics, Acrobatics & Mercantile(Merged into Speechcraft). I think Perks will be used for higher/longer jumps and faster movement speed instead of skills.

So, 4 skills are removed, and there seems to be a lot of speculation around which skills these are.. (For those who wonders why I said 4 and not 3; 21-18+1(Enchant) = 4)

Which skills do you think have been removed?

My bet would be Mysticism(confirmed), Athletics, Acrobatics & Mercantile(Merged into Speechcraft). I think Perks will be used for higher/longer jumps and faster movement speed instead of skills.

You work at Bethseda; don't you know all this stuff already?

I think your missing the point. Its a sandbox RPG. Skip the story, I always do and there's more than enough content to never touch the main plot. I even got a mod that skips the jail and starts my character on a boat for oblivion.

Why not put your effort into a mod like that? I hate TES weapons personally but rather than complain I'm working on a mod to replace them all.

Wait...you were on a boat for Oblivion? Do you mean Cyrodiil? I personally think the main story has to be at least acknowledged in every game and Oblivion's was fun! After finishing it I was pretty upset because I thought I would never be able to go back into oblivion... but then found Peryite's shrine and got to, which was AMAZING! plus you get spell breaker which is a nice addition to anyone's inventory.

Edited by MarshyMan

The jail start isn't much of an issue for me -- as soon as I exit the jail I'm usually back to doing whatever landed there in the first place! Stealing everything that isn't nailed down (and things I can pry up don't count as nailed down) and going on random killing sprees . . . ahh, that's the way to play an Elder Scrolls game.

Zaldiir, wasn't it pretty much confirmed in GI's podcast interview with Todd Howard that there would be a one-handed and a two-handed skill? So Blunt and Blade would therefore no longer exist. Instead, there'd be separate perk branches for swords, axes, maces, and whatever else. Additionally, I may have just assumed this, but I was under the impression that Cooking and Smithing would also be skills. Perhaps they will be set apart from skills that govern attributes/level. If so, I could easily imagine Smithing would replace armorer (and be used similarly). Not sure if Cooking would integrate well with alchemy (after all, making something taste good isn't the same as knowing how to produce magical effects).

As far as pure guessing goes... it could be that they combine light and heavy armor, and just leave it to your preference of armor to weight ratio. As has already been suggested, athletics and acrobatics could easily be merged, or even dealt away with entirely. I'd hope they keep Athletics. The magic skills have already been confirmed, so no mystery there. Marksman has been confirmed in the GI podcast, yes? Again, Speechcraft and Mercantile could very well be merged. I can't imagine them not keeping hand-to-hand, Block, Sneaking or Security.

My guess for the whole 18 would have to look something like this:

Illusion, Destruction, Restoration, Conjuration, Alteration, Enchantment

One-hand, Two-hand, Block, Hand-to-Hand, Smithing/Armorer, Armor,

Security, Sneak, Marksman, Athletics, Alchemy, Speechcraft

That look about right to anyone?