Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesn't seem straight forward to me at all... So what if a single monster is still alive in the dungeon because I missed him.

Ooh, now that would be neat. That last goblin, spurned on by the blood of his fallen comrades, levels with the hero and becomes the Anti-Hero of the Dungeon.http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/biggrin.gif

Yeah, that is the negative effect of that approach. Every approach has it's negative part, and the developer just have to pick the one they think is best.

Dungeons will be locked until Xandothorp's Dungeon Unlocker comes out. http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/tongue.gif (oh, and pardon if I made up an already made-up modder name)

Yeah, that is the negative effect of that approach. Every approach has it's negative part, and the developer just have to pick the one they think is best.

And as for Skyrim, I am glad they are trying new ways, and not sticking to old habits! :)

This sounds just like Oblivion but worse. Now not only will every monster be tailor leveled to be a moderate (or rather no) challenge, the dungeon level will be set, so if I leave and come back it's going to be even easier. Instead of a live world it's going to feel like someone's holding your hand through an Instanced adventure.

Oh how I long for the days when King's Quest would kill my character at a moments notice for a single little mistake...

That doesn't seem straight forward to me at all... So what if a single monster is still alive in the dungeon because I missed him.

Ooh, now that would be neat. That last goblin, spurned on by the blood of his fallen comrades, levels with the hero and becomes the Anti-Hero of the Dungeon.http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/biggrin.gif

Dungeons will be locked until Xandothorp's Dungeon Unlocker comes out. http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/tongue.gif (oh, and pardon if I made up an already made-up modder name)

Yep... looks like we gotta get a level scaling mod fix asap. I just hope it doesn't come with a big annoying overhaul system like usual.

Edited by Fatalmasterpiece

Awesome dedicated thread. Keep up the great work youve done. Kudos for you

And everyone else that drools on this thread should deposit there kudos for Zaldiir.

Companions have been confirmed for skyrim and I am really praying for a dog follower. What does everyone else have to say about creature companions?

edit- dogmeat rules

That would be good, at least they would stay with you till death or you let them go. Summoning every thirty to sixty seconds is tiring. Dogmeat rule is the best!

(Unless you reach very high level and can choose them all.)

Pete said on Twitter that - at least for now - the player can have max 50 perks.

Yeah, that's because there's a "soft-level-cap" at 50. You can level further but it takes forever to do so. :P

oooh, I hadn't seen that! :D

Thank you very much Altais!

There's a few new screenshots/art images there, as well as some more detailed information about known features. :)

And as for Skyrim, I am glad they are trying new ways, and not sticking to old habits! :)

This sounds just like Oblivion but worse. Now not only will every monster be tailor leveled to be a moderate (or rather no) challenge(...)

Do we know that?

I'd like to believe that there will be a lot of variety in the level of difficulty of the dungeons. Let's say that in some of them, the creatures/NPC's start in level 1. In others the starting level may be 5, 10 or 15. Then, as the player levels up and provided that he doesn't find the dungeons, the creatures/NPC's will keep leveling (thus being at the same level of the player or 5/10/15 levels above him). Once the player finds a dungeon though, their dwellers will stop leveling and then we will have the chance to catch up.

If the levelling in dungeons were to be implemented this way then it would be both satisfying AND challenging (some dungeons would have enemies 15 levels above you the first time you enter)

Do you think that Bethesta is planning something along these lines?

Edited by tiny lampe

Video: :biggrin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6Xn0GbweAE

You can see few new screens from the game. (at least i think they're new)

EDIT: This is where I found it. Some links to the new screens/arts from the video as well.

wow that assassin picture looks like he's performing a finishing move or newly animated sneak attack, this makes me so excited to be a stealthy character :].