Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got home from skiing (with no internet o_O ), and was hoping for a lot of new information, but.. apart from Tiny lampe's overlooked info, there's nothing..

So, for everyone's amusement, watch the

a spellsword should never be able to use magic at the same level as a mage

there are no classes at all in skyrim... no mages, no spellsword, no warrior. You are what you do, period.

So if you play only with magic, you will be more powerfull because 1) you will use 2 spell at the same time 2) the fact that you use two spell at the same time will make you level your spell skills faster than if you use 1 spell et one weapon.

But when you're 100 in destruction you are 100. I don't see a valid reason why 100 for someone is not as powerful as 100 for another one. It's this limit of 100 which is a shame. There should be the same system of exponential difficulty than for the character level (which would permit to a double spell user to reach 110 in some magic school when the sword/spell user only is 102-103)

For the armor part, yes there should be a penality. I don't know which, but there should be one.

Just because there won't be a class system present in the game doesn't mean that there won't be people who roleplay as a battlemage or spellsword or a mage, I was merely using those words to describe a character who would use both magic and combat skills.

Edited by Corakus

I just got home from skiing (with no internet o_O ), and was hoping for a lot of new information, but.. apart from Tiny lampe's overlooked info, there's nothing..

So, for everyone's amusement, watch the

ROFL!!! I can't wait for that either. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think Bethesda will keep us on dry land for a while. There's been enough information so far to give us an idea of what to expect. I think this break is much welcomed and it will cool people down a little. I still hope I'm wrong, since I WANTS MORE BRAINS...I mean more information regarding the game heheh. :blush:

OXM Todd Howard interview, just came up on my facebook. Doesn't seem to have new info to me but it is there for the reading anyways. Nice to read Todd looks at the fan wiki.

"You have quick menus for each hand. You can switch your left hand immediately from a shield to a fire spell while retaining the sword in the other."

Eeerm, what?I'm confused, I thought the quick menus applied for pieces of armor and clothing too, not just spells and weapons and offhand equips.

I thought about not sharing this with you guys, as I REALLY want that poster^^, but:

Get the chance to win a team-signed SKYRIM Poster!

@Corakus: The "Bookmarked" items apply for everything it seems. (The items on the quick-list)

This seems to be something else, though it would be strange, as I don't think the console controllers got any triggers left.^^

We'll just have to wait and see..

I was under the impression that you would be able to assign more than one piece of equipment to a slot, like assigning a whole set of armor to one slot with a sword and shield, and then having robes and two spells loaded in each hand assigned to another slot, but the way this makes it sound it seems like you can only switch anything that goes in your hands, not on your body.