Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, at least it should be toggle-able. I for one would NOT want my character to be voiced.

And yes, there are very few voices in Oblivion, and for that, Bethesda has received thousands by thousands of complaints... ^^

If they let you do your voice selection like NWN, I'd be fine. I don't care much for the dialog as I do the "grunts" and such, though. I don't want a hardy sounding mage and nasaly sounding warrior. Anything beyond that and I'd prolly be a little irked.

There's a mod for Oblivion that gives a unique and cool voice to your character. There are plenty to pick from and they where made to fit different types of characters, like good, evil, neutral even funny ones to. I don't think we'll have voices for your characters in Skyrim, just the shouts and the combat screems we had in Oblivion, but you never know. We shall see.

Cheers and beers,

Pushkatu

open cites have been confimed

Could you link to a source to this? (I have only read speculations about this.)

It's not that I don't trust your words on it, but I need sources before I put things up on the OP. :)

There's a mod for Oblivion that gives a unique and cool voice to your character. There are plenty to pick from and they where made to fit different types of characters, like good, evil, neutral even funny ones to. I don't think we'll have voices for your characters in Skyrim, just the shouts and the combat screems we had in Oblivion, but you never know. We shall see.

Pushkatu

Ill guess there will atleast be male and female voices for dragon shouts in skyrim or it would be awkward. :)

Ill guess there will atleast be male and female voices for dragon shouts in skyrim or it would be awkward. :)

Most likely. I can't imagine playing with a female character and while fighting a dragon or something you start shouting like you're a 110 Kg hairy guy. The creature you fight will die becouse of how wrong your voice sounds not becouse of your shout, lol. :biggrin:

I hope there are voices. I can't game without the Oblivion Sound Sets anymore!!! New Vegas could use some chatter, in my opinion. Well, if Beth doesn't, some modder will. Just porting the OB sound sets would suffice for me *hint hint*http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/rolleyes.gif