Skyrim Information

Zaldir

The video is fantastic... since everyone covered all of the positives already though, I think I'll talk about some of the negatives I saw (cue Debbie Downer jingle):

- The game looks pretty bad on the console. The environment looks very angular and a lot of the textures look really bleh (such as the fur gloves in 1st person). Hopefully this won't be a problem on the PC. (I must say that the stream in the cave looked fantastic though)

- The AI looks kinda stupid... like when he shot one of the bandits and the other just pulled his weapon and stood there. I was hoping for a huuuuge improvement in this area, so that part of the video was kinda disappointing.

- I don't think I'd mind the HUD, but I think a lot of people are going to have a problem with it.

- The dragons were definitely the most impressive thing in the video; I just didn't like how the giant became a ragdoll after the dragon dropped him from the sky. You'd think he'd be flailing around like a madman during a 500 foot fall. That's just me nitpicking though haha.

- I really really want to see more faces... more conversations... more voice acting... more races... yknow, the non-combat aspects of the game. Hopefully we'll see more of it this week.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The president should change what year it is back to 2006 so it comes out 6/6/06 and we can play it today 5 years ago. But I bet he already has a copy because they didn't want him to do that :( . Cuz this new info is just tantalizing. Also did anyone else notice how the giant helped the wooly mammoth? It's be cool to see some OOO style animal factions in Skyrim. And what was that guys magicky bar doing, it looked like a slow drain, not just a single casting cost! Can you just keep a spell going until you're out?!? If you need a free hand for magic, do you need one to use a potion?!?!? How many Oscars and Nobel Prizes will this game win?!?!?!?!? The wait is just maddening, and the hospital keeps bringing me back whenever I try to hibernate for the release :( . I need a demo or more trailers or something.

The video is fantastic... since everyone covered all of the positives already though, I think I'll talk about some of the negatives I saw (cue Debbie Downer jingle):

- The game looks pretty bad on the console. The environment looks very angular and a lot of the textures look really bleh (such as the fur gloves in 1st person). Hopefully this won't be a problem on the PC. (I must say that the stream in the cave looked fantastic though)

- The AI looks kinda stupid... like when he shot one of the bandits and the other just pulled his weapon and stood there. I was hoping for a huuuuge improvement in this area, so that part of the video was kinda disappointing.

- I don't think I'd mind the HUD, but I think a lot of people are going to have a problem with it.

- The dragons were definitely the most impressive thing in the video; I just didn't like how the giant became a ragdoll after the dragon dropped him from the sky. You'd think he'd be flailing around like a madman during a 500 foot fall. That's just me nitpicking though haha.

- I really really want to see more faces... more conversations... more voice acting... more races... yknow, the non-combat aspects of the game. Hopefully we'll see more of it this week.

I agree on your points here. I've noticed that Beth still has a lot of work to do (I mean...c'mon....it's still June and November is mountain climb away), but it is still in earlier developement after all. We should only be worried if this is the final graphical and A.I product which is unlikely.

Did you notice how the PC runs, then slows down gradually before walking again? No abrupt run-walk animations.

I think that's because they played it with an Xbox 360 controller. You'd probably get the same results if you play Oblivion on a console.

Even if you can't fly on the dragons, I bet they can pick you up.

Or PC with a controller. http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/biggrin.gif

Awh man cant get enough of this trailer^^ lol have u noticed how the giant(the guy with the mammoths) when he engage u he runs soo smootly, it looks so damn cool. These small details are just gonna be so amazing and mind blowing when im playin this game i just know it.. imagine walkin by a river grabin some flowers and stuff, and u see the river running down a cave further ahead.. my god its gonna be AWEEESOMEEE! OSTKAKAAAA!