Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are quite a few famous voice actors arnt there.

That's a bad thing.

Because they need to pay them more money for almost the same experience that normal voice actors would give.

And I prefer unknown voices rather then known.

Hard to say how "repetive" the voice actors will sound like in the final game, but with about 70 it shouldn't be as bad as oblivion at least - of course, that isn't very hard to beat...

There are quite a few famous voice actors arnt there.

That's a bad thing.

Because they need to pay them more money for almost the same experience that normal voice actors would give.

And I prefer unknown voices rather then known.

They are up 80 Million for spending for Skyrim. Total 100 Million.Oblivion took 20 Million if I remember right. Of course it's estimated. But GTA IV took 100 Miliion. You may say well GTA IV had a lot of exterior people getting payed. Well, With the Voice actors and also the tech and stuff they are putting into Skyrim I definitely say it is around 100 Million.

Is that 100mil estimate based on anything? It doesn't sound far off tbh. Consider GT5 cost 80mil iirc.

Usually but marketing is almost always done by its by the Publisher if you know what I mean which it is still Bethesda. But say Ubisoft is Publishing something and an independent Developer is Developing it. The Publisher usually does the funding and more. But for the estimation I think that is everything. By the way for those that think that BGS spent their "paycheck" on Patrick Stewart alone (Sean Bean as well.) That is wrong even with the other 30 or 40 they ditched Oblivion would have still been around 20 or 30 Million. Voice Actors in games make far less than movies. But you know why right? It is because the Fame the actor usually gets. games sell far more than movies, which in turn gets the actor recognition. You may say well Patrick Stewart was already famous from Star Trek TNG. But in all honesty he got more famous in the industry and his rating got higher in Oblivion alone than two or three seasons of Star Trek. (The site that said that came up in 2007 it went down though if I can I will try to find another site that says the same thing.) Their manager even says that it is good for them. Look online you will see it even being said from Todd Howard himself. Still funny thing is BGS even said that Max Von Sydow is enjoying the voice acting and has said it looks very interesting.

i remember they first said you would get perks till lvl50 now its lvl70. sounds like you can make some really overpower characters... sweet.

You get perks every level as far as you can go, which is in the 70s. :)

Still, that means you only get 70/220(+) of the available perks. :D

I'll be adding the two voice actors as well. :)

i remember they first said you would get perks till lvl50 now its lvl70. sounds like you can make some really overpower characters... sweet.

You get perks every level as far as you can go, which is in the 70s. :)

I'll be adding the two voice actors as well. :)

Thanks sent you a message on FB seems it wasn't needed. By the way the actors that were in Morrowind most were in Oblivion as well. But it seems that since they had to change roles since the Compression thing. By the way as far as compression goes. John Carmack himself said that they can fit a Terabyte in one Blueray Disc or two regular DVD's. That is with compression. Also the compression tech they use is very expensive as you can see because it is so advanced. Winrar's compression isn't even close at all to theirs. Which is why it is considered "Cheap". I said "Cheap" because of economic and other reasons.