Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone else going to do a legit playthrough, (no modding/Creation kit), for their first one then go nuts with the creation kit on the second playthrough?

I know I will be! Wonder if I can use the CK to get myself all 280 perks :P I want to replace Alduin as a new god lol

Is anyone else going to do a legit playthrough, (no modding/Creation kit), for their first one then go nuts with the creation kit on the second playthrough?

Haven't done it with Oblivion or New Vegas...why start with Skyrim? Heck, I didn't even FINISH Oblivion yet!

If "finish" means "clean out absolutely every dungeon" then I never finished Oblivion either. Heck, I've done the Dark Brotherhood questline 4 times, and I still haven't done Fort Farragut! (Cheated with the hidden door in the treestump every time.)

I'll probably play entirely unmodded for a while... but I doubt I'll get finished with the game before I decide to start trying to fix the things that bother me.

I would have finished it if it didn't degenerate into a pile of doo-doo aftr you level up and level scaling takes a phat dump on it. :armscrossed:

Yeah... Nothing like getting raped by 5 skeleton champions casting skeleton guardian. 10 level 20 skeletons chasing me through a dungeon.... Still beat them, but it's a huge hassle. Edited by SHIROryuu

A preview appeared on Gamer.no, Probably nothing new here to most people, but the regular autosave function was news to me, ...does that replace the save whenever you want feature that we have in Oblivion?

Here are a few google-translated quotes:

"You do not need to sleep to go up in experience level anymore. Instead, do you do it via a menu option. You get full life and Magicka by this, so it also becomes a tactical tool. "

"Bethesda has worked hard to make the caves more personal and unique in Skyrim, and this includes underground rivers, suspension bridges and interesting flora. Here and there we can pick some mushrooms, or bring ore from the cave wall. "

"Picking is of course slightly different than the one in the post-apocalyptic RPG, and this time you rotate a knife and a lockpick in the lock. "

"If you make a cuirass you may need to forge some ore into iron, as well as making leather straps of hide from a wolf. "

"Should eye open all the way then you have simply been discovered, something you can avoid by including removing torches to reduce your visibility. "

"If one runs around and see a flock of butterflies, it is possible to cram one in your pocket if you are dexterous enough. Then you can pluck the wings and turn it into an ingredient in a potion. "

"Should the challenge be too intense as the game includes a new auto-save system that is very exciting. It saves your game because with three regular intervals, as you can define. This means that you can set it to store every fifth, tenth and 30th minute, and jump between saving files if something goes sour. "

for the ones interested, the google-translation of the preview is found hiding behind the spoiler tag. It's not easy to read though.

COLOGNE (Gamer.no): "How does the enemies themselves, they will scale with your character?", "How many levels of experience are there?", "Can you be so kind as to tell us how the performance of PC versus console?". It must be exhausting to showcase one of the most anticipated role-playing games out there, because through my three meetings of the game, I heard the same questions repeated until it frustrating.

However, it is understandable that you have many questions about such a gigantic game that Skyrim pretend to be. Here one should not only take into account the extensive history, but also all that inhabit the open world. At the same time, people have concerns about whether this approach to hardcore Morrowind or available Oblivion . This session has answered many of our questions.

This year's Gamescom presentation of Skyrim is slightly atypical. Our previous sessions of the game have been conducted walks through setting the developers know well, but now we should finally get a chance to cut the ribbon and sniff around loosely. It is naive, if not blindly, to believe that Pete Hines walked around completely at random for us, but the structure was at least much freer than before.

True to tradition, it starts off with the creation tool, and we get an insight into the process of designing the hero to save the northern province of Skyrim from dragons and ghosts. In essence, this is much the same as we did in Morrowind and Oblivion, with the same breeds and many of the same choices. It is true that some new features, such as that one can choose whether the figure should have dirt in your face, but this looks very familiar.

Then it is a comfort that one can at least make people look like human beings now. Hines recognizes this, and commend Bethesda Game Studios' newfound ability to create attractive people for the first time. This is not a band that is completely devoid of introspection and irony, that is.

The differences in the way you make a character on lies primarily in how customized it is. You choose, for example no longer preferred characteristics and does not define a class as such. Instead, start all the bare ground with the same assumptions, and can in many ways to say that this is a role-play an even greater extent than previously. Now it is in fact only what you use and makes the game that forms the main character.

The different races, however, different strengths and weaknesses, so that the choice of origin still plays a significant role. Moreover, the aesthetic a lot to say in an RPG.

All start with a basic weapon package and one destructive and one healing magic formula. It is the chisel that cores out your personality. After rising one's skills in a given number of categories you go up in skill level. Every time this happens you get dispose of a point in either magic, health or stamina. Then you are choosing a property to a category of their choice. This may be cut weapons, or the ability to block with shields.

The properties are defined through the categories represented by the constellations, and reminiscent of the traditional "talent trees" in RPGs. This means that you may have to invest a certain amount of points in the basic properties of swords to be allowed to lock up the more exciting. You do not need to sleep to go up in experience level anymore. Instead, do you do it via a menu option. You get full life and Magicka by this, so it also becomes a tactical tool.

When we finally walk out into daylight, it becomes clear how comprehensive and sweeping the board is, even if the left insists that the actual size is similar to Oblivion. Content-wise we are talking about a completely different dimension. If one weighs the board's physical size to the amount of content it has, this supposedly be three to four times as large as the massive Fallout 3

Therefore it should only fair that we find a cave comfortably near the starting point, and jogging down with hatchet in hand to see what is hidden in the depths. Bethesda has worked hard to make the caves more personal and unique in Skyrim, and this includes underground rivers, suspension bridges and interesting flora. Here and there we can pick some mushrooms, or bring ore from the cave wall.

Sometimes one encounters a locked door, and then apply it either to find the hidden lever, make your way around or to pick their way through the lock. The confusing lockpicking game from Oblivion has been replaced with a version of Fallout 3's intuitive lockpicking game, something I personally appreciate. Picking is of course slightly different than the one in the post-apocalyptic RPG, and this time you rotate a knife and a lockpick in the lock.

As we run into an anvil, and other craft equipment, which gives us the chance to play with the ore we found earlier. A problem in previous The Elder Scrolls games have been that to collect the full armor sets can be difficult. It necessarily taints the experience to the self-absorbed and vain players. Therefore, one can now forge his own armor of varying rarity, given that we have the skills and materials required.

The system is easy enough, where you fill various gaps with the necessary ingredients. If you make a cuirass you may need to forge some ore into iron, as well as making leather straps of hide from a wolf. Similarly, one can use grinding stones to improve your weapons, or work surfaces to polish the armor. To put together the very stylish device, you must also rely on you to invest some skill points in armor making.

Alchemy works in a completely different way. It combines ingredients at random, which insulate their properties. Then you learn more about what the various ingredients do, so you can make something to your taste. Improving objects with magic works a bit the same way. If you force something you must learn the characteristics of destroying objects with the features you are looking for. Then you can use them freely, provided you have caught the monster souls in "soul gems."

The combat system has already been shown a part before, and I like what I see. The developers seem to have done two-handed weapon considerably more exciting, with a good block and push the attack. At the same time of course the all-new aspect of a weapon in each hand, which encourages a more dynamic and vigilant way to fight on. It will be interesting to see how the ability to cast spells and turn in weapons at the same time affect game balance.

It is not to hide the fact that the battle system reminds something very similar to that in Oblivion, and liked Mon not there so it is unlikely to change now. This means that one never swordsman as such, and that the dynamics of the sword fights usually consist of going back and forth at the right time rather than actually fighting. So you get to decide whether it is exciting or not.

Sneak Attack is also a stylish alternative to confront someone face to face, and this has been working part with. Weapons your aim, by the way had a more advanced stealth indicator this time. It is completely flat if you are hidden, and becomes a semi-open eye of some wind of you and are looking. Should eye open all the way then you have simply been discovered, something you can avoid by including removing flares to reduce your visibility. It can be very useful if you decide to become part of the assassin faction The Dark Brotherhood, which is confirmed further.

More than anything, it is mostly those little touches that make me curious about Skyrim. I one runs around and see a flock of butterflies, it is possible to cram one in your pocket if you are dexterous enough. Then you can pluck the wings and turn it into an ingredient in a potion. This is perhaps not an essential part of a role-playing experience, but the game world feels always organic and alive.

It is enhanced only by the fact that we trudge down in a decaying castle has fallen into a lake. After picking a couple of fish on the way down to the entrance under the sea, we discover a crucified skeleton. A diary by the legs of the unfortunate man reveals that he has been on tour a haunted castle to try your luck, and defied warnings that it is haunted. It was obviously not very smart.

The castle revealed also a whole horde of ferocious "Necromancer", which conjured up undead, threw nasty magic and served as a brilliant grinding stones for our sword. Hines makes it clear once and for all that the enemy's skill level is determined first time you enter an area. It means that you can come back a couple of experience levels later if you are struggling. Some areas are still made harder or easier in nature.

Should the challenge be too intense as the game includes a new auto-save system that is very exciting. It saves your game because with three regular intervals, as you can define. This means that you can set it to store every fifth, tenth and 30th minute, and jump between saving files if something goes sour. This is definitely something I want to see in more games to come.

It feels always futile to write sneak peek of the big games, no matter if you're lucky enough to see a handful of times over several years so you never reach anything other than to poke at the surface. These are experiences you often take along for several weeks or months, making it difficult both to judge quality and to say something sensible about how it really feels.

Then it is easier to point out what distinguishes Skyrim from its predecessors, and there are several things. This time we got to see how they have chosen to do character development system more open, ready to shape the hero on how you play. At the same time, it seems that the fifth The Elder Scrolls game will have a much deeper system to create new objects, which I know many players have scratched after.

The trip to the snow-covered landscape in northern Tamriel is just a few months away now, and I am excited. Promises that this will be a mix of Morrowind and Oblivion seems to hold water so far and what they made of the new guidelines seem to be for the better. Skyrim is probably much more accessible than Morrowind ever was, but it is not entirely a bad thing.