Skyrim Information

Zaldir

Considering this is a demo account where the players had no time to get anything other than what the developers gave them, I don't think I'd be responsible to rule out fishing with things other than your bare hands just yet: Whose to say the developers just forgot to put any fishing poles/spears/whatever in the player's starting inventory? I'm willing to bet none of them had magic items to test out enchanting with either.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering this is a demo account where the players had no time to get anything other than what the developers gave them, I don't think I'd be responsible to rule out fishing with things other than your bare hands just yet: Whose to say the developers just forgot to put any fishing poles/spears/whatever in the player's starting inventory? I'm willing to bet none of them had magic items to test out enchanting with either.

You make a very good point. Mmmmm i'm hopeful some other form of fishing is in the game.

It's pretty ignorant of bethesda to leave out fishing as a feature in the game. A fishing rod would be the most natural personal item for any nord in skyrim. fish hooks for instance were invented way back in the stoneage and since then people didn't rely on catching fish with bare hands anymore.

Cut&paste from the history of the fish hook, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fish_hook

"History

Pic

Stone Age fish hook made from bone.

The fish hook or similar device has probably been around man for many thousands of years. Examples of some of the earliest recorded fish hooks were from Palestine about 7000 BC. Man has crafted fish hooks from all sorts of materials to include wood, animal[2] and human bone, horn, shells, stone, bronze, iron up to present day materials. In many cases, hooks were created from multiple materials to leverage the strength and positive characteristics of each material. Norwegians as late as the 1950s still used juniper wood to craft Burbot hooks. Quality steel hooks began to make their appearance in Europe in the 17th century and hook making became a task for professionals"

I hope the excellent fishing mod from Oblivion's NPCs with jobs, finds it's way into the realm of Skyrim soon after 11.11.11

Very valid point. With luck there will be something other then simply clicking on a fish. I don't want "bass master pro", I just want a rod in my hand and line in the water. Quick flash of the action button then bam fish. It would be cooler, as you would catch random fish instead of swimming and getting the exact fish you wanted...

I'm afraid the new demo video we all wanna see might just be old junk .. on this forum an account of the demo was described like this ..

"In the public demo, Todd finally showed the mini-puzzle game associated with the Golden Claw item. You spin the claw around and it is marked with three animal totems. At the locked wall/door you are confronted with a 3 rings that need to be aligned correctly for the lock to be disengaged. Looking at the claw gives you the answer. Like the animation for lockpicking, it is appropriately olden looking. When you'd turn a ring you'd get this loud, stone-on-stone grinding sound."

Looks like the same mission ~_~ .. meh .. maybe he did something special .. killed everyone in the village? .. that would be a nice change of pace :P

New Interview here:

100% confirms that the player can become a vampire.

Your spouses cook you a meal every day!

Dwemer Centurions are back!

Dwemer Centurion? That's like... one of the first things we knew. ;D

The other info, awesome! :D