Skyrim Information

Zaldir

On a side note I think Todd Howard and the Bethesda crew should receive the nobell peace prize or at the very least be knighted or something

If Obama can win the peace prize and then put more troops in Afghanistan and also stir up other nonsense in other countries. Todd Howard and the crew should get the prize for truly uniting people of all faiths, ideals, and fandoms in the love for one game.

...and of course by uniting, we mean sent to squabble and gush on these forums until the game comes out! Also, Todd could only be knighted with a scale replica of Umbra. Or maybe an Akaviri Katana...

Precisely. On another note, I just noticed on the first page something about "laugh lines." Gives you the ability to make your character a happy person?

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And how moving archery to warrior skills is a problem? Maybe stealth category has no offensive because is about stealth, and also it has perks to make non offensive skills pretty useful for killing (pickpocket + alchemy), and if you want archery just take it, the way they clasify the skills is not that important for the gameplay... alchemy is on stealth now but as a mage i will be taking it.

And how moving archery to warrior skills is a problem? Maybe stealth category has no offensive because is about stealth, and also it has perks to make non offensive skills pretty useful for killing (pickpocket + alchemy), and if you want archery just take it, the way they clasify the skills is not that important for the gameplay... alchemy is on stealth now but as a mage i will be taking it.

So what happens if a player wants to be pure stealth?There just not supposed to play the game or not fight at all?It's like moving Destruction and Conjuration to the stealth skills, it just doesn't make sense because the skills don't fit with the play-style.

I wouldn't call it a problem, per se, just a peculiarity. You have a good point in that stealth is supposed to be viable: you can probably get through a lot of the game by just sneaking past enemies and pickpocketing their stuff. It doesn't change the fact that a purely stealth character would have no way to deal damage besides shouts.

...But then, that defeats the purpose of Skyrim! Do what you want, right? I plan on making a character that does bits of all 3 main groupings; it's a bit clunky to try playing a character with nothing but one group of 6 skills, anyway. Except maybe magic, because it's awesome. I'm actually a bit worried it might be OP in Skyrim, as opposed to UP in Oblivion...

When you think about it though, archery fits a lot better under warrior than thief.

An archer is a warrior, not a thief.^^

If it had been rogue or assassin, then it should be under that, but the way it is now seems logical. :)

. alchemy is on stealth now but as a mage i will be taking it.

you got that right.

major retcon..

"The Alchemy discipline is the processing and refinement of ingredients and materials through arcane processes to elicit and preserve their subtle, hidden magical effects in alchemical potions."

"Many items in our world, mostly organic in nature, can be broken down into more fundamental essences with magickal properties."

Vanus Galerion, a mage, invented the alchemy tools.

Even alchemist in past games was a mage.

etc

Is it true that magic wont have finishers?

Want to see my char burn my enemies down in 3D :/

Yes, confirmed by Pete.

Useless info:

The pre-order map is not burlap or cloth.

And Gstaff said "... we called it a premium map, some 3rd party sites jumped to the conclusion that it's cloth. It's definitely not cloth, but it's the nicest map we've released."

Nicer than the Morrowind map? :O

Edited by Iv000

When you think about it though, archery fits a lot better under warrior than thief.

An archer is a warrior, not a thief.^^

If it had been rogue or assassin, then it should be under that, but the way it is now seems logical. :)

Okay, then tell me how Archery is more effective for a warrior than a stealth character.Need I quote your OP?

Archery

Ranged combat has been improved by significantly increasing the damage bows deal.

The draw-time of the bow has been increased, making is slower.

And don't forget the fact that arrows are now more expensive and more rare, meaning you should get the most damage you can out of a single arrow before you lose it.How would you do that as a warrior?