We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only fool who has recently update is computer just for playing skyrim? :tongue:

Nah man, I basically upgraded my graphics card and my PSU today, so it's something we Skyrim folks seem to do. ;)

Am I the only fool who has recently update is computer just for playing skyrim? :tongue:

No you're not. (Not a fool, and not the only one that upgraded :thumbsup: )

Just bought a 6870 and 1090T x6 a month ago. Truth be told, it was mostly because of Skyrim, but also because of Blender and Photoshop.

Just bought a 6870 and 1090T x6 a month ago. Truth be told, it was mostly because of Skyrim, but also because of Blender and Photoshop.

Phew, glad to see that I'm normal (at least in this forum :tongue: )

Phew, glad to see that I'm normal (at least in this forum :tongue: )

Same here I upgraded from a old 8800gtx to a gtx 590. I can’t see skyrim burning a lot of ram my oblivion used roughly 1.7ishG running on vista 64bit witch for a game is rather heavy in ram. If you run windows 7 it be far less vista is kind of a resource hog

I upgraded my system last Christmas, Im set for about 5 years I think

Intel 980X cpu Clocked at 4.0GHZ water cooled super cooled to -16 degrees Is stable at 4.9GHz but really heats up the office when cranked up.

Dual GTX580 in SLi water cooled

12GB RAM

C: = 160GB Intel SSD Boot Drive

E: = 600GB WD Raptor Game drive

F: $ G: = 2TB Mass storage for total of 4TB

Asus Rampage III Extreme MoBo

Windows 7 Ultimate

So Skyrim here I come and pretty much any other game I fancy as well.

That being said, Vist isnt bad at all once you have it patched up to date....here was no real reason to upgrade my old system to Win 7 from Vista

the only reason I have Win 7 is I got a new computer so...

All you know "recommend" doesn't = 60fps at highest spec most of the time it's mid setting at 30 fps

ahh.. the old framerate argument .. 60fps may ensure that when lag hits it wont stutter at all .. but that just means when lag is hitting its not dropping below 25-35 fps .. if a game has steady fps then 35 is more than enough .. the human eye only sees 30 fps .. TVs are only 25 fps

Most movies are between 25-35 fps cause they know the human eye cant detect more than that .. but movies dont have lag of course .. still .. that 60fps some people claim they need is mostly bull .. its only going to help during the worst of the worst lag moments.