Skyrim Information

Zaldir

I respect the rules so I won't say anything although I saw the thread; but I never understood the whole spoilers thing. I mean you learn now or you learn when you play the game. What's the difference? The surprise is still a surprise right?

Would you be surprised by a surprise party if people had told you it would happen a week before? You want to be surprised in-game, when you find it yourself, not by some idiot who pirated the game and posted screenshots without warning. I'm just fortunate the particular spoiled item wasn't one I cared too much about (saw the thread).

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but you're not just reading the news. You watch them on a video or see them in a picture. For me it's still as much a surprise as it would have been if I was playing when I saw it.

I'll give you the example of

Vampires. I am excited to hear they are in the game and that I'll be hunting them in no time. The fact that I know they are in the game doesn't ruin anything.

Would you be surprised by a surprise party if people had told you it would happen a week before? You want to be surprised in-game, when you find it yourself, not by some idiot who pirated the game and posted screenshots without warning. I'm just fortunate the particular spoiled item wasn't one I cared too much about (saw the thread).

Again you're not just hearing the news. In the example you brought it would be like you saw a video of the surprise to happen. Well that's not possible but I hope you get the point.

Edited by babis8142

Yes but you're not just reading the news. You watch them on a video or see them in a picture. For me it's still as much a surprise as it would have been if I was playing when I saw it.

Vampires. I am excited to hear they are in the game and that I'll be hunting them in no time. The fact that I know they are in the game doesn't ruin anything.

it was virtually impossible not to encounter vamp thralls in the demo, if you went to a particular cave. which some did, so havbing thousands of people play the demo at all the games cons, it was inevitable. imo knowing they are in the game is one thing and practically begged the question to know if you could become one... When that bit of news dropped it seemed quite necessary hype. they feeding on sleeping people at night is a great little snippet/sound bite. I thought it was spot on

I'm confused. Does anyone know if the collectors edition comes with the burlap preorder map or does it only have the paper one that comes with all copies of the game. Or can you preorder the CE and get the map?

thanks

yes the collectors edition comes with the map on cloth/burlap material just as if you only pre-ordered the game.

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/10093.html

Again you're not just hearing the news. In the example you brought it would be like you saw a video of the surprise to happen. Well that's not possible but I hope you get the point.

Incorrect, non-spoilered pictures were posted that showed the thing in action, thus completely ruining the surprise. It also revealed an item that dealt with said spoiler, so you essentially had the location, the thing in question and an item related to the thing being spoiled. In fact, it would be more correct to say that not only would your friend tell you about the entire surprise party before it happens, he would also tell you what's in every present you'll receive. I'm not sure you actually know what the word "surprise" means if you can't see how this ruins it for people. It cannot possibly be a surprise if you already know what it is, roughly where it is and what you get from it.

As for the spoiler you put here, that's not surprising at all, since it has been in every game ever.

Incorrect, non-spoilered pictures were posted that showed the thing in action, thus completely ruining the surprise. It also revealed an item that dealt with said spoiler, so you essentially had the location, the thing in question and an item related to the thing being spoiled. In fact, it would be more correct to say that not only would your friend tell you about the entire surprise party before it happens, he would also tell you what's in every present you'll receive. I'm not sure you actually know what the word "surprise" means if you can't see how this ruins it for people. It cannot possibly be a surprise if you already know what it is, roughly where it is and what you get from it.

As for the spoiler you put here, that's not surprising at all, since it has been in every game ever.

Aren't you surprised now? That you know what it is you'll find in the game? You won't be surprised when you play but you are surprised now. At least I am.

Same with decapitations. Pete Hines said no decapitations but hey wait. There are decapitations.

I didn't hear anyone complaining about that spoiler.

But to each his own. The first reaction means very little to me. It's what comes after that, that I care about. Like playing the game and experiencing what there is available in it. Whether I knew it before the game or not.

I'm excited now I want to hunt VAMPIRES!!! I want to sell their ash to Ronald. Or Reyland. Or whatever his name was in Oblivion!

Edited by babis8142

Aren't you surprised now? That you know what it is you'll find in the game? You won't be surprised when you play but you are surprised now. At least I am.

Same with decapitations. Pete Hines said no decapitations but hey wait. There are decapitations.

I didn't hear anyone complaining about that spoiler.

But to each his own. The first reaction means very little to me. It's what comes after that, that I care about. Like playing the game and experiencing what there is available in it. Whether I knew it before the game or not.

I'm excited now I want to hunt VAMPIRES!!! I want to sell their ash to Ronald. Or Reyland. Or whatever his name was in Oblivion!

You don't have to put a spoiler around decapitation - it's in the OP.

As for the LEAKED content, that's another matter. The discussion is rather pointless really. LEAKED content are not to be posted or discussed here, quite simple. And there is also now a red line in the OP stating this, so everyone SHOULD know it. Posts with leaked content WILL be removed, and in the worst case scenario, the user will be banned, as we've already seen in this thread before.