Skyrim Information

Zaldir

According to Cheng there are like helmets, gauntlets, armour(I assume it includes greaves) and boots.Didn´t see the whole interview but that´s what I understood from a part when he´s talking abut armours.I personally don´t like the idea of the cuirass and greaves being the same piece.And when the asked about vampires and werewolves if they were going to be in skyrim and able to be one Cheng said he´d love to talk about it but he can´t, so I guess it´s a yes :) Edited by scot

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He also mentioned that you won't be able to ride dragons, but that you will wind up killing a lot of dragons.And yeah I agree with scot, I think if they weren't planning on including vampires or werewolves they probably would have given us a "no" by now.

There are 10 races to choose from when creating your character but are vampires and werewolves considered an "infection" to the races rather than a race by themselves?

So in other words, you can be an elf but when infected by a vampire, you become a vampire elf. I am guessing the same would be for a werewolf.

In TES4:Oblivion, you were able to cure a vampire infection (you have a slight chance to become infected with each melee attack from a vampire).

If they bring werewolves to TES5:Skyrim like they did vampires in TES4, I wonder if one could get infected by both a vampire and werewolf...and what the consequences of that would be...or if one infection prevents the infection of the other.

It will be interesting to find out.

LHammonds

In Morrowind you could become both if you had the Bloodmoon expansion. It made life difficult though because you were forced to transform no matter what, so you had to get everything done during the day, meaning Merchants, quests, anything that had to be done in a town or city had to be done during the day, and as a vampire that was problematic. So while they weren't mutually exclusive, they made playing as both difficult without something like Hircine's Ring which from what I remember, allowed you to control your transformations.

I hope in skyrim we can still do quests as a vampire like in oblivion.About becoming both vampire and werewolf well in oblivion vampires are immune to disease so maybe if you´r infected by one you can´t get the other, then again in morrowind we could become both.I really want werewolves to be in the game but vampires are my first choice as I want to continue my character from oblivion wich is a vampire. Edited by scot

, he talks quite a bit about the favorites menu and the hotkeys, but I'm not quite sure I fully understood what he was talking about.He also said that punching and that being a monk-type character would be possible, though he didn't explain as to whether it was tied to a skill or not.

As far as the grieves topic goes, there has been no solid confirmation. Between the bethsoft forums, facebook, etc., this topic has turned into a riot more times than I can count.

The demo doesn't show grieves, and cheng doesn't mention them. He also doesn't mention gauntlets, which are shown in the demo. Overall, his interview was just a rushed summary of what has already been said, so I don't know why people are using it to speculate so heavily on things that haven't been confirmed.

Personally, until someone comes out and specifically gives information on armor slots, I'm just gonna be patient.

Edit: fix'd my grammarz

Edited by Subvert5