Skyrim Information

Zaldir

Speaking of which, that brings up another question. Do they have body type specific armors?

Yeah that's the thing.. we won't know until we installing the game. Even then we might not until the niflib gets updated and a new nifskope build appears.

I have no idea actually. I would expect there is a discrete model system... but it was said there is a fat and thin model... and a way of going anywhere inbetween. So that's a type of morph tech. But that having a discrete system where everything has both those Fat and Thin morph targets.. seems a bit resource hungry.

And they were chatting crap about the greaves saving a lot of resource, And I know that doing the body morph thing this way would be way more resource munching.

:/ kinda don't know what to think on this matter

It's possible it works like the Skeletal Variations mod. There it's only the thickness of the skeleton that changes, warping the armor to fit. Thus, any armor can be used with it (But it might clip and look weird).

you'd think. though it sounds like there is a fat and thin model...

Edited by Ghogiel

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of which, that brings up another question. Do they have body type specific armors?

Yeah that's the thing.. we won't know until we installing the game. Even then we might not until the niflib gets updated and a new nifskope build appears.

I have no idea actually. I would expect there is a discrete model system... but it was said there is a fat and thin model... and a way of going anywhere inbetween. So that's a type of morph tech. But that having a discrete system where everything has both those Fat and Thin morph targets.. seems a bit resource hungry.

And they were chatting crap about the greaves saving a lot of resource, And I know that doing the body morph thing this way would be way more resource munching.

:/ kinda don't know what to think on this matter.

Well, stop thinking, and make ready for a surprise then. ;D

... well, in 127 days 23 hours 20 minutes and 50 seconds

In my opinion I think the addition of relationships and marriage was a waste of time, but other than that this game is going to be awesome, I can't wait!

I agree, but I guess I can't really say boo if marriage is an optional feature.

I can, however, see the merit in the "relationship" feature. I do think it's kind of cool how if you break into someone's house, or eat their food, their reaction will be based on how much they like/dislike you.

The marriage system will likely be rooted into the existing faction/NPC relationships that Bethesda has already mentioned. Getting married to an NPC might bring up a few unique features, such as improving marriage by visiting home often and selecting from a tree of compliments, but I'm afraid it won't be that in depth like we'd all hope it would be.

I'm going to hope that I'm proven wrong though.

Edited by Enter_77

With so many awesome features, I'm curious about Achievements.

If the PC version will be supported by the Games for Windows LIVE, then there'll probably be achievements, right? Just like in Fallout 3?

Something like "The New Dragonborn - Started a new game"?

Bethesda doesn't do GFWL anymore(since after the amount of negative feedback they got from it), which I'm glad too, cause honestly, it was just annoying in Fo3. But, hopefully the Steam version will have Achievements. Edited by jhardingame

Steam usually has achievements, I hate both but at least you can disable G4WL many ways without disadvantages. Steam is also possible to disable but unfortunately many disadvantages such as a slower game because it relies on many of the codes Steam has intertwined with their games. I hate Steam for four reasons; 1. It uses a lot of system resources and other things that if gone to just gaming, would vastly speed up the game. 2. Can't disable without problems from the games it has. 3. Most PC users don't want a community to use besides the modding sites of sorts, I mean come on they are playing a game and don't want to be bothered of the sorts.4. Steam-like communities are there in marketing perspective to get money, hint hint reason they have deals and other things to lure you into buying it. But still main reason is Steam can't be disabled properly, which if you could, more resources go to the game, then better FPS, which, everyone loves.