Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked Pete if he can confirm that. We'll get an answer soon enough.

I still think that he as the PR guy has to know everything, since he does most of the interviews.

I'm sure Matt just misunderstood something, I doubt that this will be separate armors.

Either that or pauldrons are back with their own slot

Edited by Iv000

I was never under the impression that any upgrade system/smithing would change your armor appearance. I must have missed what Pete was saying about that.

Well, if the devs had to deal with upgrades changing the appearance of items, the lead artist would be the one to know... Pete Hines is just a PR guy, right?

What's the other explanation to exactly same armor but different pauldrons?

I know one: Lazy re-use of design.

Yes the lead artist would definitely know. He probably had as much input during the concept designing of the system as anyone did. And not lazy reuse of design, it's a way that gives a visual variation to armor. The choices are, all leather armor looks the same ala Ob. Or there are variations in appearance. If all it were was texture sets giving it a different visual appearance, then I would have said lazy.

I asked Pete if he can confirm that. We'll get an answer soon enough.

I still think that he as the PR guy has to know everything, since he does most of the interviews.

I'm sure Matt just misunderstood something, I doubt that this will be separate armors.

Either that or pauldrons are back with their own slot

Pauldrons probably have their own slot< it might be called armoraddon1 or it could be called pauldron, the name itself is kinda moot. but the armors are likely separate entries and thus items. You guys just don't grasp the system and how they are probably using it. I've been saying how I thought this worked since day one and am so far on the money. :biggrin:

Edited by Ghogiel

I spent the past hour looking closely at every screenshot that has been released .. and there isn't as much armor changes as I thought .. I only found two .. well.. three .. but the third one was far to blurry to be certain and it could have just been a different armor .. heres what Ive found..

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu322/UberNiz/Freaks.jpg

Who knows what these are or why they look different .. But I'm starting to doubt the armor is as interesting as I originally thought <_<

Edited by jedimembrain

I don't know for sure but, Formlists + armoraddon + multiple biped slots = armor visual variation. Pretty straight forward. I never could get what people were freaking out about, I wasn't seeing anything like diversity that would be overly worth mentioning. :mellow:

although to be fair there is another of the second armor, I think one with only one pauldron somewhere...

Edited by Ghogiel

I still think its pretty good .. idk what your talking about with "Formlists + armoraddon + multiple biped slots = armor visual variation" .. just more slots for addons to the characters? .. thats a big deal to me .. I'm use to Oblivion and Fallout 3 as only having one slot and one layer for each part .. a single leg/torso combo meant we would see less options for custom looks "which I'm very fond of" but these different variations are interesting .. I mean .. without mods .. if they had pouldron addons then thats another thing the artist has to deal with .. every armor that can be worn with them would need to be able to fit without clipping .. thats why only mods did this in previous games .. and of course those mods clipped 90% or the armors and would never make it into the real game cause people would complain... but seeing as these are only two I could find I'm thinking they are just higher tiers .. rusty iron vs fine .. which is still good .. just not as cool as smithing changing it visually