Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean no word on smithing? what don't we know, we know all the perks. We know how many levels of upgrades there are, and we know what the upgrade affect for both weapons and armor.

We are not sure if upgrading will change the looks of armor.

You know, Carofano said that it wont, Pete said that it will.

And I want to know it for sure.

It's possible to wield a dagger in one hand and claws in the other. source

Note that Pete mentioned Khajiit for this combination, not any other races.

No word on smithing yet :confused:

I wonder if their hand to hand stance is open palm... has there been any confirmation that they actually strike with their claws?

We are not sure if upgrading will change the looks of armor.

You know, Carofano said that it wont, Pete said that it will.

And I want to know it for sure.

What did pete actually say? I was never under the impression that smithing had anything to do with visual appearance.

I wonder if their hand to hand stance is open palm... has there been any confirmation that they actually strike with their claws?

I don't know if it's only with fists or actual claws, but I would guess with claws since they have a hand to hand attack bonus because of claws.

Also here's the quote where Pete confirms that pauldrons are part of smithing:

OD: Where the screenshots that were released that show a pauldrons - was that kind of an example of that kind of thing?

PH: Um-hmm, every type of armor you can wear in the game, you can make. You start off being able to make a few simple kinds of things like leather and armor, but then if you want to get better at it and use better materials, then you need to pick the perks in your perk tree for Smithing that will allow you to work with those materials and then those will be unlocked so the next time you go to a forge, you can work with steel.

Source - The Bulletproof Interview

Edited by Iv000

Khajit/Argonians do not, as of the PAX demos, attack with their claws. They seem to use the same attacking animations as everyone else. But it is a strong possibility for a last-minute addition to the game.

I would wager they won't. They will use the same bone structure(legs) and animations. Not to say they can't or wont, but I "doubt" they will. Just personal speculation. I'd be happily surprised if they did things to make them different.

All I read was you can create any armor in the game with the right materials and the right perks in the smithing skill.

beasts have a difference animation or apparently.. Walk/runs would seems the likely candidates

Edited by Ghogiel

I don't know if it's only with fists or actual claws, but I would guess with claws since they have a hand to hand attack bonus because of claws.

Also here's the quote where Pete confirms that pauldrons are part of smithing:

OD: Where the screenshots that were released that show a pauldrons - was that kind of an example of that kind of thing?

PH: Um-hmm, every type of armor you can wear in the game, you can make. You start off being able to make a few simple kinds of things like leather and armor, but then if you want to get better at it and use better materials, then you need to pick the perks in your perk tree for Smithing that will allow you to work with those materials and then those will be unlocked so the next time you go to a forge, you can work with steel.

Source - The Bulletproof Interview

That could be read in other ways .. his "Um-hmm" wasn't very encuraging hehe .. I mean .. the whole game doesn't balance on this feature for me .. but damn what a feature it would be ^__^