Skyrim Information

Zaldir

All I read was you can create any armor in the game with the right materials and the right perks in the smithing skill.

That would mean that there are armors like "Leather armor", "Leather armor with pauldron" etc.

Also it would make sense that you take a existing leather armor, and take the required materials for a pauldron, and combine them to create a new armor, leather armor with pauldrons.

It's basically the same, but it's not really "upgrading" more of crafting a better version of the same armor type.

Both methods are great.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahh.. yea .. that makes sense .. but that falls into what I was saying about it being a tier system .. rusty iron vs fine .. but instead its iron vs pouldron iron

don't forget the advanced armor perk, so with that you could do regular steel and steel plate. Obviously you can smith any new armor if you wanted. That is what has been said since smithing was confirmed as a skill.

Smithing does more than just make new armor. There are upgrades..which don't change the look of the armor. But there are still upgrades.

see .. I think bethesda would do right to just give us all the details on this before its out .. I know they want to hold back the fun stuff like types of armors or characters and quests .. beasts and hidden goodies like the vampires once were .. I feel bad about knowing about them lol .. but something like this .. theres no way it could eer be as good as my imagination wants it to be so they should just go ahead and spill the beans on every aspect of smithing so I dont end up being disapointed xD

see .. I think bethesda would do right to just give us all the details on this before its out .. I know they want to hold back the fun stuff like types of armors or characters and quests .. beasts and hidden goodies like the vampires once were .. I feel bad about knowing about them lol .. but something like this .. theres no way it could eer be as good as my imagination wants it to be so they should just go ahead and spill the beans on every aspect of smithing so I dont end up being disapointed xD

Knowing about things that are tes standards... It's not really a surprise. It's the new stuff we don't know about. Like vampires, we all figured they would be in. Smithing was new though... It's kinda give and take. We're all hungry for knowledge of the game.

Ok, I agree with this.

I will be happy if I will be able to craft a shiny new armor with pauldrons, and then upgrade it (which will not change it's appearance :thumbsup: )

I don't think there is anything cryptic about it, That is probably exactly what it does. And yeah, I think it is perfectly fine system.