Skyrim Information

Zaldir

complexion slider on the face will likely be normal map related .. not skin tone .. that will likely be on the body sliders .. for the argonian complexion would be like .. color patterns .. then the khajiit would be fur patterns .. then the color of the patterns would be in the body menu as skin tone .. I'm just guess but its clear they give you control of the normal maps on the face of the humans .. it might just be an age slider though .. the deeper brows cant be explained by age or shape .. clearly a normal map slider of sorts .. so.. thats my theory behind that layout

could be age maps, which would be grey scale bumps, not a normal bump. Complexion imo will be a shader based overlay effect not really map based in the strict sense, but might have a couple mask maps tied into it. Basically what would other wise be stored in a facegen egm file, except not that and mainly a shader effect

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

complexion slider on the face will likely be normal map related .. not skin tone .. that will likely be on the body sliders .. for the argonian complexion would be like .. color patterns .. then the khajiit would be fur patterns .. then the color of the patterns would be in the body menu as skin tone .. I'm just guess but its clear they give you control of the normal maps on the face of the humans .. it might just be an age slider though .. the deeper brows cant be explained by age or shape .. clearly a normal map slider of sorts .. so.. thats my theory behind that layout

could be age maps, which would be grey scale bumps, not a normal bump. Complexion imo will be a shader based overlay effect not really map based in the strict sense, but might have a couple mask maps tied into it. Basically what would other wise be stored in a facegen egm file, except not that and mainly a shader effect

in oblivion maybe .. but these faces have much better depth in the details .. I'm sure its a layered normal map effect .. but I was just trying to figure out chargen options not really the tech side hehe

Well maybe. I personally think that wrinkle/age maps would be regular greyscale bump maps. Would make more sense if the shader has to normalise all the normal map vectors. Once you start to mix normal maps you might start creating custom normal lengths in the map, not that that would be totally bad... could work either way. Personally the wrinkles don't look all that normal mapped to me though. Similar to F3 look. :shrug:. Edited by Ghogiel