Skyrim Information

Zaldir

I think it was one of the very first demos .. I seriously suck at remembering where I heard what and I know of soooo many interviews and demos ..I'll look
Actually months ago we asked about pulling both triggers will allow you to block. Pete said no. Zaldiir was the one that asked. Unless they changed that. We asked that for dual wielding. And If I remember right only the Shield will allow you to block like that. Plus holding down both will allow a power attack using both. It's nothing for the PC users as we will be able fix this. Consoles no. But they are doing it in a similar way like Demon's Souls. You can't block if you dual wield.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if I got that right:

We cannot block with:

One handed weapons in either hand.

Dual wielding

weapon/magic

We can block with:

One handed weapon in either hand and a shield in the other.

Two handed weapon.

I still think we need clarification about one handed blocking.

k.. I was wrong but the controls are still not making sense .. you shield bash when hold down shield button .. when you press it once it raises it to block but you can't hold the block .. you have to time it .. hu.. where did I hear hold down both triggers for block ~_~ I swear I heard that somewhere .. feck .. this seems more confusing now than before .. I guess theres no way to block without a shield o_O

Edit: Like Camonna said .. no block with dual .. so I'll assume no blocking with one hand .. which ever hand it is doesn't matter .. I could be wrong but since the shield blocking is only useful if you time it right and with the block trigger in which ever hand the shield is in .. then there would be no way to block without a shield.. I think .. yep

Edited by jedimembrain

So if I got that right:

We cannot block with:

Dual wielding

weapon/magic

We can block with:

Two handed weapon.

They probably need a confused turtle chart. Maybe someone can ask about that.

So if I got that right:

We cannot block with:

Dual wielding

weapon/magic

We can block with:

Two handed weapon.

Yup, that's what I've gathered. I don't remember ever hearing that holding both buttons will block; I think that was a rumor/speculation that we created here.

k.. I was wrong but the controls are still not making sense .. you shield bash when hold down shield button .. when you press it once it raises it to block but you can't hold the block .. you have to time it .. hu.. where did I hear hold down both triggers for block ~_~ I swear I heard that somewhere .. feck .. this seems more confusing now than before .. I guess theres no way to block without a shield o_O

I heard holding down both triggers was block ages ago too. :psyduck:

So if I got that right:

We cannot block with:

Dual wielding

weapon/magic

We can block with:

Two handed weapon.

I remember hearing an interview way back and I think the Bethesda guy said something like "Well, you can't have all the good things combined, you can either dual wield or block." So I'm pretty sure you won't be able to block if you dual wield daggers. I don't have the source, though.

Edited by hejpadig