Skyrim Information

Zaldir

No blocking with one-handed weapons or bows?Seems kind of a weird, but I guess it makes sense, it's not like I ever tried to block with the bow or a one-handed weapon in Oblivion.It's weird though that they list Archery with the warrior skills and then make it useless for warriors.

I was thinking about that...the Stealth category has no offensive skills. Anyone wanting to do a white bread Thief build would have to pick a Warrior skill if they wanted to do any fighting. Or, I guess they could try the Fallout/Deus Ex approach and beat the whole game with speech checks!

...That would end badly in Skyrim. "Hello there, mister or missus giant spider. I have compiled a list of compelling arguments for you to not eat me. Argument the firs-OH GOD MY LEGS I NEED THOSE

LOLed at that.

I don't care how it's listed, though.To me, Archery is a stealth skill.Warrior has five skills and stealth has seven.Yep, that's how it is, Uh-huh.I'll just keep telling myself this and maybe I'll feel better....maybe. :(

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you would both take care and listen you would know that the warrior,mage,stealth classes have no meaning since you can change at any time of the game by going up to those stones .. just select whatever one you want to level in and then build your character however you want .. I plan to be a mage who smiths armor for cash xD

I've tried to do the ranger thing in Oblivion, and it just didn't work. I think the slower but deadlier bow in Skyrim lends itself to stealth far more, but I'm okay with it being in the Warrior category for the sake of aesthetics. Really I just want to reenact yet another Lord of the Rings scene: Uruk Hai + Point Blank Bow = Dead Human.

If you would both take care and listen you would know that the warrior,mage,stealth classes have no meaning since you can change at any time of the game by going up to those stones .. just select whatever one you want to level in and then build your character however you want .. I plan to be a mage who smiths armor for cash xD

I'm well aware that it has no bearing on the game or my character's development, beyond those stones, of course. "Those under the sign of the Warrior will learn all combat skills 30% faster..." Which means magic-users and thieves who don't pick the warrior stone will level more slowly in combat skills compared to their specialty. This is not a complaint; I think it helps balance the characters better and encourages them to specialize. It just sucks that my sneaky, magic-using Breton will probably be cutting his finger on his own blade for a while.

@Ghogiel: Archery is under the Warrior umbrella in Skyrim (according to the QuakeCon demo), and Alchemy by itself is not offensive. You still need a pointy thing to put the poison on.

Archery is a under the thief umbrella. And so is Alchemy. So there are offensive skills.

No it's not, watch the Quakecon leak.Each class has six skills.Warrior has Smithing, Heavy Armor, Block, One-handed, Two-Handed, and Archery.Thief has Security, Sneak, Pick-Pocket, Alchemy, Light Armor, and Speech.

@ jedimembrain

That's just the thing though, if you choose the thief stone you won't be able to level-up Archery as fast as your other skills.If you choose the Warrior stone and try to level stealth, archery is the only skill that will increase fast.If you play as a Warrior, you probably won't even need Archery because stealth isn't effective in heavy armor and arrows are much more expensive in Skyrim, and since you don't have to maintain weapons and armor anymore it will seem cost-ineffective to try to keep enough arrows in the quiver when using a sword would be much easier.