Skyrim Information

Zaldir

I hope Magicka becomes rather rare also. When everyone in the game can do it, it loses its uniqueness. (Beggers in Oblivion can cast magick, now how special do you feel now?)

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Magicka becomes rather rare also. When everyone in the game can do it, it loses its uniqueness. (Beggers in Oblivion can cast magick, now how special do you feel now?)

If anything magic is going to be more common now: Plenty of previews report bandits that use spells a lot. But I'm fine with basic spells being something anyone can do; Can everyone cast a spell powerful enough to one-shot Mehrunes Dagon? I don't think so.

Besides, shock drains magicka in addition to doing damage, so what use would shock spells be if there weren't plenty of other wizards to fight?

If they have robes in smithing they might as well call it crafting, and then branch skill tree out to cloth, leather, and armor.

Or they could call it Tailoring lol

If they have robes in smithing they might as well call it crafting, and then branch skill tree out to cloth, leather, and armor.

Or they could call it Tailoring lol

DAMN you Axealot! You beat me to the post Lol great minds think alike I guess

@Corakus

Oh, I totally forgot about the armor penalties that were in Oblivion. (Haven't played Oblivion in quite a while.)

I hope they are in, otherwise mages would be over powered, especially since magic is a lot more powerful then it was.

I hope we get some kind of special armor for mages that isn't as strong as other armors, but doesn't reduce spell effectiveness. (I wonder what happens when you upgrade your robes via smithing? (If you can))

Wow, took me a lot longer to convince the people on the Bethsoft forums, I argued with them for days.Anywho, if they're going to add in some sort of spell-casting penalty while wearing armor, I think it should affect the rate at which your magicka regens, since there's no Willpower attribute in Skyrim.I haven't seen anything that suggests there's some sort of armor...magic..penalty thing.Which is depressing, because I know if it's not in or something similar, then every time I see a piece of armor in the game I'll feel like my robe-wearing mage is being cheated.In fact my hype has been quite low for Skyrim recently, if they announce something cool in the X-play preview that airs in a few hours.

Edited by Corakus