Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does whoever posted this still update the info?

Yes Zaliir does. He tries to make sure everything is absolute fact though.

I think we should build some sort of shrine to honour Zaldiir.

He has put a lot of time and effort into keeping us uptodate with all the latest Skyrim information.

So thank you Zaldiir. And keep up the good work :)

I think we should build some sort of shrine to honour Zaldiir.

He has put a lot of time and effort into keeping us uptodate with all the latest Skyrim information.

So thank you Zaldiir. And keep up the good work :)

I have to agree. Thanks Zaldiir. It's what got me obsessed with Skyrim. I have general interest but after all the info I got hooked on the game. If it wasn't for other things keeping my mind off it, I'd probably be very depressed not being able to play it lol.

Does whoever posted this still update the info?

Yes Zaliir does. He tries to make sure everything is absolute fact though.

Thank you Zaliir! :biggrin:

The problems people are finding in the animations seem odd to me .. I mean .. This is TES .. Have you guys been watching the horrid animations over the past entries? .. This is no uncharted or GTAIV animation quality but its ten times better than anything else we have seen from bethesda :P ,, I just feel you are all comparing it to other modern games instead of past bethesda titles .. that goes for more than animation too.

My personal test is it's only really fair to compare a game to other games that were out when the game's development began: Development resources are limited. You can't reasonably expect a game to push the envelope in absolutely every direction at once. Some people expect games to use the absolute latest and greatest everything in graphics technology even at the expense of aesthetic and gameplay: These people should be locked in a dark room and forced to play NetHack all the way to the end.

Skyrim's been in development for 5 years now: The animations are way prettier than anything that available in 2006. That's good enough for me.

The problems people are finding in the animations seem odd to me .. I mean .. This is TES .. Have you guys been watching the horrid animations over the past entries? .. This is no uncharted or GTAIV animation quality but its ten times better than anything else we have seen from bethesda :P ,, I just feel you are all comparing it to other modern games instead of past bethesda titles .. that goes for more than animation too.

My personal test is it's only really fair to compare a game to other games that were out when the game's development began: Development resources are limited. You can't reasonably expect a game to push the envelope in absolutely every direction at once. Some people expect games to use the absolute latest and greatest everything in graphics technology even at the expense of aesthetic and gameplay: These people should be locked in a dark room and forced to play NetHack all the way to the end.

Skyrim's been in development for 5 years now: The animations are way prettier than anything that available in 2006. That's good enough for me.

I been comparing it to my moded oblivion...should i be locked in the dark room even for that ?

I been comparing it to my moded oblivion...should i be locked in the dark room even for that ?

When you get your hands on skyrim, aren't you going to lock yourself into a dark room anyway?

When you get your hands on skyrim, aren't you going to lock yourself into a dark room anyway?

Heyy you are twisting my words :biggrin:

Actually Skyrim has only been in development for three years, after they finished Oblivion and everything that goes with it they started developing Fallout 3, which they released in fall, 2008.Not saying the animations aren't great, just something I thought I would point out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_history_of_The_Elder_Scrolls_series

The new issue of OXM has new Skyrim info and screenshots.

I could only find the info and descriptions of the screens:

Info

"And in a promising twist Skyrim is home to werewolves as well as vampires-we are fully expecting the lycanthropy disease to make its long awaited return to the series"

The reviewer was fighter 3 bandits once 2 died the third run away.

Necromancers can resurrect chickens and harvest their eggs.

A Necromancer " summons a khajiit warrior". he does not say weather he is resurrecting this warrior or if he actually conjured him?

When you level up you get 10 points to add to health, magicka, or stamina.

Stolen horses run away.

Spriggans can heal themselves.

Screenshots

Dragon in flight shooting flames at the player. The player is shooting an arrow at the dragon.

The Player using alchemy equipment from the 3rd person perspective. in the device is a green liquid and gas. the player is hunched over a mortar and pestal. he is wearing a blue/purple robe and a greyish hood which drapes over his shoulders and back a bit.

Female player in the horned helmet and hide armor. she is in a camp of some sort looks like it has a watch tower made of logs.

Lockpicking mini game. looks like a skyrim themed version of the fallout lockpick game.

Player with a companion in a partially flooded dungeon, they are approaching a skeleton that is shackled to a post with water pouring down over him.

A guard with a torch and a full face helmet.

Player dual casting a fire spell in a robe and hood.

Night sky with the northern lights.

Player shooting a bear with an enchanted glowing bow.

A giant mudcrab.

If someone finds some of the screens please share them with us.