Skyrim Information

Zaldir

That's Solitude Mr. Bravo in the first screen, Solitude is built on a landbridge, which is one of it's most defining features.And Solitude is north of the Marshlands, so it's not snowy, despite how far north it is.

Top-down view of Solitude.

*Picture*

Proof that it's solitude from a leak of the official pre-order map.

*Map*

It does seem to have snow in areas around it though, not sure why.

Ah, completely forgot about that first top down image. But I can swear I've heard about that water-area below Solitude would be covered in ice, which also would explain the marked trails over the lake on the map ;) But just as Solitude, Windhelm is also located just beside a lake near the ocean (Maybe a bit too far south), plus it has mountains marked around it. But you're probably right.

The second castle.... Riverwood? That's the only marked place that could fit that.

Nah, Riverwood is that small village the demo starts in, and is located by the river that leads between the mountains. So it must be a location that has to be discovered. Probably has something to do with the Greybeards after all. Still weird to not have it marked on the map from start, as it should be considered a landmark.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When on 11.11.11 will the game be available to install on Steam? I'm GMT+1 which means that I'm like 5+ hrs before some people in the USA, and Australia is like a day before me. When will it be available for the world?

Around 6pm GMT +1

Steam is pre-loading the content days before release. So things should run fairly smoothly even on release-day. But it happens that they want to make a last-minute change to the install, which results in everyone having to re-download the content again. That would turn things into pure madness for Steam-servers :P Edited by Mr. Bravo

does anyone know how big the game is? like, how many GBs it is :)

We don't know, but I'm guessing around 10Gb. Depends on how much better their compression software is.

ok :) cos RAGE was almost 20GB :l i'm not in a lack of space but still that's quite a bit..