Favourite TES race!

Lehcar

Share your favourites... and least favourites. :tongue:

I mean canon races, by the way. As awesome as custom races are, they're not canon.

My favourite is a tie between the Dark Elves and the Nords. Dark Elves because I've always adored dark elves no matter what, and Nords because they're sexay and kick butt like nobody's business. :laugh:

My least favourite is definitely the Imperial race, because they're just so bland and boring... even though they are heavily based on the ancient Romans and I'm a die hard history fan... for those that aren't aware, the Imperial race didn't even exist in Arena and Daggerfall; Cyrodiil didn't have an official race, but rather was simply a melting pot of all the other races. In Morrowind they were just kind of roughly shoved into the TES universe simply for the sake of adding an extra human race, which I don't think was really necessary. :down:

I used to like Bretons and Wood Elves (my two favourite Oblivion characters) until they became Forsworn and Thalmor, respectively. boo. Oh well.

Edited by Lehcar

I, too, adore Nords and Dark Elves. The majority of characters I've created in the last three Elder Scrolls games have belonged to one of those two races. Argonians are awesome as well, even though I rarely play as one. :thumbsup:

Not very fond of Bretons or Imperials though. They don't interest me much, and seeing as most of my characters tend to be the tank-y "charge into battle without any plan whatsoever" types I enjoy playing a stereotypical grizzled Nord over the other human races. Nordic culture is also closer to my heart than that of the other races.

I like all of them and I never mind to play with any of them, but argonian and orcs have a place in my heart. I will always have my main TES run with an arognian, they are more suited to be adopt the game with their racial skills.

I used to like Bretons and Wood Elves (my two favourite Oblivion characters) until they became Forsworn and Thalmor, respectively. boo. Oh well.

That racist.

Also Breton are not forsworn. The forsworn are mix between a breton and a nord. They are only in a small part of skyrim too.For the bosmer, even if it was true. Does not mean that the whole race is with them heart and soul. So feel safe to love them!

Funnily enough, the Races I like the most are not always necessarily a Race I will play in Game, I tend to play male Nords and female Bretons.

The Races I like the most are Nords, Orcs, Khajiits, Bosmer and if the Forsworn were a separate Race I would include them among my favorite Races also.

Nords, because of their robust, fearless fight hard, play hard Culture and lifestyle.

Orcs, also robust and fearless Culture and lifestyle and that Tribal element about them.

Khajiits, what can I say, I like Cats :tongue:

Bosmer, the whole Tree hugger element about them, being so deeply in touch with nature, etc...am not so enamored by the Cannibalism though :blink:

Forsworn, I like the strong Tribal element and the fearlessness, plus have sympathy for them...not so enamored by their blood rites and sacrifices though, or the worship of the aberrations of Nature (the Hagravens) they take all that pretty far :ohdear:

My least favorites, would be the Altmer, Bretons and Argonians.

Altmer, their arrogance and too much emphasis on Magic as their primary strength.

Breton, too much emphasis on Magic.

Argonian, just not big on Lizard People I guess and not impressed with what they did to the Dark Elves (slavery).

Funnily enough, the Races I like the most are not always necessarily a Race I will play in Game, I tend to play male Nords and female Bretons.

The Races I like the most are Nords, Orcs, Khajiits, Bosmer and if the Forsworn were a separate Race I would include them among my favorite Races also.

Nords, because of their robust, fearless fight hard, play hard Culture and lifestyle.

Orcs, also robust and fearless Culture and lifestyle and that Tribal element about them.

Khajiits, what can I say, I like Cats :tongue:

Bosmer, the whole Tree hugger element about them, being so deeply in touch with nature, etc...am not so enamored by the Cannibalism though :blink:

Forsworn, I like the strong Tribal element and the fearlessness, plus have sympathy for them...not so enamored by their blood rites and sacrifices though, or the worship of the aberrations of Nature (the Hagravens) they take all that pretty far :ohdear:

My least favorites, would be the Altmer, Bretons and Argonians.

Altmer, their arrogance and too much emphasis on Magic as their primary strength.

Breton, too much emphasis on Magic.

Argonian, just not big on Lizard People I guess and not impressed with what they did to the Dark Elves (slavery).

The dark elves kept Argoanians as slaves :P

The dark elves kept Argoanians as slaves :tongue:

Oops! My bad :tongue: ...Then Dark Elves added to my list of least Favorites :happy: ...Am still not big on Lizard People though :happy:...Thank you for the correction :smile:

Edited by KanesGhost

Argonians, cause they look like mini dragons!

Tsaesci cause asian snake men.

I also love the Bosmer, Orcs, Nords, Dunmer and Khajiit. Bretons are icky, IMO :P

I'm not fond of the nords because they're largely brutish and uncivilized, uneducated, suspicious of magic, xenophobic and hostile to outsiders.

I always choose the imperial legion and wipe out those drunkards running the Stormcloak rebellion.