Custom Starter kit mod

OpenWorldAddict

I know that you are supposed to be coming to skyrim without anything on hand, and thus you have to work for almost anything, even modded items, but some times I would like to play a character that has already been living in skyrim/solstheim for awhile and already has many items at his/her disposal.

Over two months ago, I started a Skyrim roleplay on my channel where I played a dunmer living on solstheim but heading to skyrim to find a way to gain some power to save his brethren. Setting that roleplay was very time intensive because I wanted him to already have lived on the island for some time and to have a large number of things for him to take on his trip. I had to use console commands (which I struggled with) to give him some of the stuff, other things I would have to give him resources to craft the other items that were harder to figure out.

Now I have to do it all over again because I accidentally deleted my save file and didn't have a backup of it.

I am looking for a mod that allows you to design a custom starter kit for your character with all the items and equipment that you want your character to have at the start of the game. Those items include items added by mods. Of course you should not be able to use this to give your character high level gear at level 1 (that would be cheating).

So, for example I want my character to start with:

Leather Armor

Leather Boots

Leather Helm

Leather Gauntlets

Iron Sword

Bow

Iron Arrows

Linen Hood

Fur hood

Linen Cloak

Fur Cloak

Backpack

Woodcutter's axe

Small Leather Tent

Small Fur Tent

Waterskin

Soap Bar

I think you get the idea.

After you have your starter kit, you should not be able to use the mod to add any more items at anytime (again that would be cheating.)

just to say the obvious: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=80450874

but it doesn't exactly add what you say...

Or search "starter" here on the nexus and you will find a bunch of mods like that one.

i'd recommend making a text file with the commands to add all that stuff and add them through console when you start and then don't use the console more. It takes a minute and you can add whatever you want.

Edited by FrankFamily

None of those allow you to create a custom starter kit for your character, and they don't take into consideration mods like iNeed, Frostfall, and Bathing in Skyrim, as well as mods that adds backpacks, cloaks, and other gear. Finding all the commands to add all the items that I want to start with is very, very hard.

Edited by OpenWorldAddict

Finding all the commands to add all the items that I want to start with is very, very hard.

1) open console

2) help "leather armor" or whatever vanilla or mod-added item you want

3) player.additem [whatever code the game throws back at you]

repeat steps 2-3 for any item you want, add to batch text file if you like for quick recall, done.

Finding all the commands to add all the items that I want to start with is very, very hard.

1) open console

2) help "leather armor" or whatever vanilla or mod-added item you want

3) player.additem [whatever code the game throws back at you]

repeat steps 2-3 for any item you want, add to batch text file if you like for quick recall, done.

Please!!! don't give me that.

I've tried that and it was still very hard. I am NOT using the console.... period!!!!

That's a great RP idea there OpenWorldAddict,

Feel free to not use the console, but it really is the only way to do it. It ain't hard. But when I start games I often choose not to learn the console (to keep me from cheating)

but typing "help" and then any word of an object you want it is pretty easy. You get a code, leather armor has "0003619E" code you type code like :

player.additem 0003619E 1

and boom you have one leather armor set. Close console with ~ key and you are off!

Because it is so easy, I don't see Mod Makers do it anytime soon. But maybe you can suggest it to the author of Alternative Start Mod?

Hmm...it would be cool to let the player make a custom starter kit at the beginning of the game. Maybe something like this:

At Helgen, you are prompted to select a few items to start out with. A menu pops up listing a few basic items, such as potions, armors, weapons, with point values beside them. More valuable items, such as armor and weapons would cost more points (and the more powerful of those armors and weapons would cost even more points). You have a certain number of points you can use to pick your beginning inventory. Later, when inside the keep, you would find the items you picked inside a confiscated belongings chest.

This would allow the player better starting inventory and more control over what is in said inventory, while requiring some careful planning and not requiring the player to "cheat" by using the console. Of course, it would be tough to allow the player to pick items from mods, like the original poster is wanting.

Edited by Vulpes95

You mean "Live another life" or a different alt start mod? I have a random alternate start mod on my game that has starter kits based off of the traditional 21 ES classes, if that is what you mean. I think it would be nice to have one that works with the vanilla start, though.

Edited by Vulpes95