Confirmed for Skyrim

Dianadoesitbest

* New classless leveling system in which every individual skill leveled contributes to overall level

* Each level gives perks (probably similar to the Fallout 3 perk system)

* Levels go from 1-50, though 50 is “soft-capped,” which means leveling after 50 is possible, just slower

* Mysticism skill removed

* There are 18 skills this time around, which is down from 21 in Oblivion and down from 27 in Morrowind

* Story takes place 200 years after Oblivion and is set in the titular region of Skyrim, which is north of the Imperial City

* The king is dead, so there is an ongoing civil war

* Focuses on dragons returning to the world, and the player, a “dragonborn” (dragon hunter), trying to stop a dragon god

* Five huge cities, and better variation in dungeons

* Dragons can attack the cities

* Combat is supposed to be more tactical than previous franchise installments

* Each hand has to be assigned a specific function, such as magic or weapons

* Emphasis on improving combat

* Improved third-person view (thank god)

* There is an option to turn off the HUD in first-person view

* Conversations won’t be a static shot anymore, as the people the player is talking to will move around and continue with chores or tasks, as they would in real life

* Quests are going to be more dynamic and based on how a player builds their character and their individual actions

* Quests will try to lead the player to places in the world they haven’t yet been

* Example: If a player drops a weapon in the street, a civilian may find said weapon and try to bring it back to the player, which may open up other events

* There will be weapon forging

* Players can dual-wield weapons however they like

* Players can duel NPCs on the street

* Finishing moves will be added to combat

* There aren’t many details yet, but players can perform jobs, such as tailoring, cooking, farming, mining, woodcutting, blacksmithing

* Fast-travel is back (yay)

* Players can now sprint using stamina (yay again)

* Obligatory graphical and animation upgrade

* Character creation will feature customizable body parts, [insert joke here]

* Not many details, but children will be involved, possibly in a relationship-then-giving-birth-to-them kind of way

That's indeed very cool. didin't mention dynamic snow shadows and wind (will affect flow of water and so on) think the magazine will be out in this month althought bethesda informed it will be out in february. at any rate I will have my hands on the copy ASAP

Indeed, bright side of bethesda accepting and supporting modders is that they can also get easy ideas from popular mods (they just might) they must indeed take note on feedback of fans (sign of success) or they simply have great testing team that thinks like most of the fans ;) Edited by stuges

I am hopeful that When I make my first character, I will say to myself: "Hey Look like I don't really need any beautification mods. " But I also feel that we will be seeing some amazing modding pop up from this game, because of the new engine. I really want to see sky captain get onto those brutal finishing move mods. ;)

* There are 18 skills this time around, which is down from 21 in Oblivion and down from 27 in Morrowind

I wonder what skills other than Mysticism they decided to cut? This worries me a little.

* There aren’t many details yet, but players can perform jobs, such as tailoring, cooking, farming, mining, woodcutting, blacksmithing

I hope they're handled in a better way than the awful persuasion minigame in Oblivion.

* Not many details, but children will be involved, possibly in a relationship-then-giving-birth-to-them kind of way

Ugh. If Beth is even considering the 'giving birth' thing I hope it'll be restricted to npc's.

The rest of the list does sound pretty awesome. :thumbsup:

I really want to see sky captain get onto those brutal finishing move mods. ;)

Bethesda's gonna add finishing moves in this one unless you already know so I won't be waiting combat mods at start since they are weighting in that area more this time. In fact I can't say yet what this is gonna lack. All I heard is sounding good so far, cant imagine things they are currently missing.. expect stealth constipation thing and shield not on back on travel.

I wonder if the new skills, (woodcutting, blacksmithing, etc..) will be like new core skills, that would cover the gap since Morrowwind.I hope u can build ur own houses w/ woodcutting, or at least expand.I wanna a wilderness hut over my evil cave basement that I all design and build :) . I hope finally good houses will be achievable and customizable, but not through Construction set or DLCs, but w/ lots of player $ and effort.

I really want to see sky captain get onto those brutal finishing move mods. ;)

Bethesda's gonna add finishing moves in this one unless you already know so I won't be waiting combat mods at start since they are weighting in that area more this time. In fact I can't say yet what this is gonna lack. All I heard is sounding good so far, cant imagine things they are currently missing.. expect stealth constipation thing and shield not on back on travel.

I do know that since I am the original Poster. I am sure someone like sky captain would be able to make better finishers and more variety. I'm not counting on Bethesda to make it anymore than two or three different moves.